Chapter 15

***Aleana POV***

I wake up early the next morning, wanting to freshen up before going to the council. There is a dress hanging near a mirror and I look at it in awe. It was truly beautiful, white, with gold embroidery on the bodice and long sleeves. It was fit for a princess. 

Getting up, I head to the baths, soaking myself in the warm waters and ridding the exhaustion from my bones. Once I had scrubbed my hair and body clean, I wrap a cloth around myself and head to wear the dress. I pull it over my head and gasp when I see myself in the mirror. 

The dress fits me perfectly, allowing my black hair and hazel eyes to stand out. I smile at myself in the mirror before brushing my hair. Taking two strands from each side, I fishtail braid them to the back, where I join them in one long braid. I leave the rest of my hair down. Just as I pull on some white shoes, there is a knock on my door. 

"You may come in," I call out, turning as the door opens and there stood Aragorn. His eyes go over me and I blush as he bows.

"You look most beautiful Aleana," he says, straightening up. I nod in thanks and he holds out his hand to me. Giving him a smile, I place my hand in his and he leads me out my room and down the stairs, towards where the council was being held. 

When I step before everyone, they all look up before standing and bowing their heads in respect. Being the daughter of the two most powerful beings in Middle-Earth brought about a respect for me, though I wished they wouldn't treat me so differently. 

Nonetheless, I bow my head in acknowledgment and they sit themselves down again. I take a seat to the left of Aragorn and my eyes come in contact with Frodo who was sitting across from me, next to father. 

He sends a huge smile my way and I smile back, relieved he was alright. My eyes scan the circle of people and I recognize a few, Prince Legolas and Master Gimli. As my eyes continue moving, they land upon a pair of eyes looking my way.

The man had shoulder length blonde hair and does not look away when my eyes meet his. However, my eyes fall and I shift uncomfortably under his gaze. 

Aragorn places a hand over mine, noticing my uneasiness and leans towards me. 

"Are you alright," I look up to meet his concerned eyes.

"Who is that man," I indicate with my eyes noticing the man's eyes still trained on myself. Aragorn glances back swiftly before turning to me again.

"It is Lord Boromir of Gondor." I nod in understanding and Aragorn opens his mouth as if to say something more, but Lord Elrond beats him to it. Aragorn settles back in his chair though he does not remove his hand from mine for which I am grateful as I relax under his touch, still aware of Boromir's eyes on me. I turn to listen to what Lord Elrond has to say.

***Aragorn POV***

I leave my hand on her's knowing it calmed her. It made me angry that Boromir was making her uncomfortable, but at the moment I could do nothing, but sit back and listen to Lord Elrond. 

"Strangers from distant lands...friends of old. You have been summoned here to answer the threat of Mordor," Lord Elrond says, looking at all of us, "Middle-Earth stands upon the brink of destruction. None can escape it. You will unite...or you will fall. Each race is bound to this fate...this one doom."

He turns to Frodo, "bring forth the Ring, Frodo."

Frodo looks up at Elrond before his eyes come to rest on Aleana. She smiles encouragingly at him and he steps forward, moving towards a stone plinth in the center of us. He places the Ring on the plinth and returns to his seat.