Chapter 52 (Epilogue)

***Aleana POV***

I stand in my room, gazing down in the crib at my one day old sleeping son. Gently I run a finger across his cheek and he smiles in his sleep, causing me to smile as well.

"Have you named him," Frodo asks and I smile, nodding, still looking down at him.

"Yes. There is only one name befitting the future king of Gondor," I say, "Boromir."

Two months after the crowning of Aragorn, we had at long last tied the knot, speaking of our vows and love of each other before sealing it with a passionate kiss. A month later we found out I was with child. Father and the hobbits chose to stay the nine months, and today was the day they were leaving.

The last ship was leaving for the undying lands and father was to board it, along with Frodo. I turn, and see both Frodo and father watching me with a smile. I move to stand before father first.

"I know you must leave, that I must let you go, but it does not make this any easier," I say with tears in my eyes and he smiles down at me.

"I will always be with you, my child. Always. And one day we will meet again, though do not make it anytime soon. Live a long life under the grace of the Valar, a life filled with happiness and light."

"Thank you father, for all you have done for me all my life," I whisper, and then remembering, I move towards my vanity and pick out mother's necklace from the drawer. I then place it in father's hand who looks at me surprised, "please give this to mother, she will understand."

He smiles and I wouldn't be surprised if he did understand as well. But without another word, he leans down and places a kiss on my forehead before moving towards his grandchild. With one glance at him, I kneel before Frodo to meet his eyes.

"Have you told the others," I ask and he shakes his head.

"They will understand, as do I. You have been through much and I hope with all my heart that you find the peace of heart you look for."

"Thank you, Aleana, for everything."

"No, Frodo, thank you. We would not be standing here if it was not for you and Sam, and that I nor anyone can ever repay. Just promise me that you will look for happiness in the undying lands."

"I promise."

"Then by the grace of the Valar, may you achieve all that you hope for and may the rest of your journey be filled with peace and happiness."

I lean forward, placing a kiss on his forehead, before pulling away and with a smile I stand. We hear cries and I turn around to see father holding Boromir, trying to stop his crying as he had woken. I smile, moving towards them, and father hands me him. He immediately quiets, and father sighs happily before moving out the door.

I follow them till the outside of the Great Hall, where the other hobbits awaited them, along with Aragorn. I move towards the hobbit as Aragorn moves to wish a farewell to father and Frodo.

"Sam, Merry, and Pippin," I say and they smile up at me, "what would I do without you? You know you are most welcome to stay here?"

"Yes," Sam speaks for them all, "but we must go home, to the Shire, we feel quite homesick."

"I understand, and I will not stop you, for there is no place like home. The gates of Gondor are always open for you, and my heart always there to help you, if ever you need it. Do not forget us."

"We could never," Pippin pipes and I smile before all three rush forward, hugging my torso. I laugh, kneeling once they move away and kiss each of them on the forehead. They kiss my cheeks and gush over Boromir before Gandalf calls to them. With one last look, they walk down the steps towards the stable. Aragorn comes to stand beside me, his arm going around my waist as we move forward in the courtyard, standing at the edge.

"Here, give me him," Aragorn says and takes Boromir from my hand, holding him in his right arm. Boromir smiles up at him as Aragorn makes faces at him and I watch the two with a smile. Neighing of horse has me looking off the edge of the courtyard, to see father and the others riding away from Gondor across the plains.

I sigh, sad at parting, but happy for everyone, for each person had achieved their happiness, or were set out to do so. Aragorn wraps his left arm around my waist, pulling me to his side before placing a kiss on my temple. I wrap my arms around his torso and smile at the disappearing backs of father and the Hobbits.

For at long last, all was well in the world.

THE END

A/n: It is done! What did you guys think? I can't believe I actually finished it!! I have you guys to thank for that because it was your comments and votes and reads that kept me motivated. SO thank you for allowing me to bring this fanfiction to life! Love you all and thank you for all the comments and votes. I will be forever grateful to you!

P.S. If you guys want any other fanfictions of other characters in the Lord of the Rings or the Hobbit, please let me know and I might just work on it! Or if you have any other ideas do let me know!

Once again, thank you!!!