Chapter 40

***Aleana POV***

We headed back to Helm's Deep, father telling us that would soon leave for Isengard and then back to Rohan. I had gone to my room to pack up everything when father entered with a knock. I turn to him as he takes a seat on my bed, looking at me curiously.

"Everything alright, father?"

"Yes, my child. Come here," he holds out his hands to me and I place mine in his, letting him pull me to him. He makes me stand before me, not letting go of my hands and I have to look only slightly down to meet his gaze.

"You have not yet told me about Aragorn and yourself," he says and I blush, looking down. Never before had I discussed something like this with father.

"Know that I am happy for you, Aleana. But loving him comes at a price," my eyes come up to meet his in confusion, "you are immortal and he is merely blessed with a long life. One day he will pass and I ask you: will you be able to live on with the other half of your heart missing?"

"I may lose that immortality father...I may lose more than that. You know that very well. And if all I have is these last moments until the destruction of the ring and thus Sauron, then I will take that time to show him just how much I love him.

He has taken over my heart completely father, and even if I survive this and even if I remain immortal, I can never not love him. It is too late for that, father. He makes me happy, he keeps me away from the darkness. Unknowingly, he has become my anchor that keeps me rooted in the goodness of this world.

Yes, it would be hard, even devastating when he was to join the Valar, leaving me alone, but my love for him would be enough. I could forever live father, just knowing that he loved me, that he will always love me. And there is nothing in this world father, that you or anyone can say, to make me separate myself from him. We are no longer two people, instead our hearts and souls have already become one.

How can anyone separate one soul?"

"Do not mistake my concern for you as a rejection for your love. Know this, nothing makes me happier than knowing that my child loves such an honorable man, who loves her back just as equally if not more. That is what every father wishes, but I have lived too many lifetimes and I know the pain of loneliness. I cannot bear to see you alone and suffering."

I smile down lovingly at father, noticing the worry in his eyes. I had truly been blessed with such amazing people in my life, such amazing family.

"Father, could I ever be alone as long as I know you and Aragorn love me? People can live forever merely on the hope and belief that someone loves them. And I don't hope or believe, I know the love you both have for me, and with that I could never be alone."

Father stands, and I move my eyes up as a smile returns to his face. His eyes watch me adoringly and I smile back.

"Then I bless your love, for I see it is pure and genuine, on your's and his part. Something in my heart tells me, that in the end everything will work out, and with that hope I can easily bless you both in a happy future."

He leans down and places a kiss on the top of my head, before pulling away and heading through the doors. As he is about to leave, he turns around catching my eye once more.

"Finish packing, we leave for Isengard soon, and there awaits a surprise for us all."

"Yes, father," he sends a wink my way and then closes the door behind him. I smile, elated at father's response, and turn back to the task at hand. The door opens behind me once more and I think it is father, and I turn towards him.

"Father, did you forget some-," my voice cuts off when I see Aragorn standing in the doorway.

"Aragorn, forgive me. I thought you were father. He was just here," I smile at him.