[8]

Frisk looked at Undyne, curious. "Who is Alphys?" She asked.

G smirked. "Undyne's girlfriend." Undyne choked and glared daggers at him. "She. Is. Not. My. Girlfriend." G kept staring at her, taking another hit of his cigarette. "You wish she was." He said.

Frisk giggled. Both of them turned to her as she clamped her hand over her mouth. Undyne glared at her, too.

"It's useless arguing about an irrelevant matter, so I'm gonna let this slide," Undyne said, pointedly looking at G.

She sighed and turned away from them before continuing. "Anyways, Alphys used to be the royal scientist. Now she just locks herself in her lab. She knows everything about everyone. It's kind of like magic, but still logical." She explained.

Frisk stared at her fish friend. She spoke in a wistful, passionate tone. She wondered if G was right about what he said earlier.

"Okay, sounds good." Frisk said, turning her attention to G. "How do we get there?"

He shrugged, not caring. Frisk huffed in annoyance. Undyne turned around to face them again, and Frisk realized she had been blushing when she was talking about Alphys.

"I know a way," she said, staring off into space. "But it's very dangerous. Only two people can go and get out alive,

Frisk gulped, but she found herself saying "I'll go with you." Undyne glanced at her, impressed.

G stood up. "You can't. It's too dangerous. I can go."

Frisk's anger exploded in her stomach. "God, G, can one-moment pass without you thinking I'm too weak to do anything?!" She snapped.

Both G and Undyne looked at her in shock. Then G did something Frisk didn't see coming.

He burst out laughing.

Frisk blushed. "I'm serious, G! I can handle myself!" She yelled at him. He just kept laughing. Frisk turned to Undyne, who was taking all of this in.

"Alright, Frisk, you can go." She said. G stopped laughing. "What?" He growled. "Undyne, she can't handle it! I'll go!" Frisk saw the sides of Undyne's mouth twitch up. Oh, no, she thought.

Undyne smiled. "Exactly. Which is why I'm sending you two," she said, triumphant. G's jaw dropped to the floor and Frisk stared at Undyne, detecting sadness in her words. "Undyne," Frisk said in a soft voice, "A word?" Undyne nodded, uncertain.

Frisk pulled her aside and glared at G when he peered over at them curiously. "Are you sure about this?" she asked Undyne.

"What?"

"I'm asking you right now, as a friend. Do you want to go see Alphys?"

Undyne blushed. It was the first time Frisk had ever seen her friend's whole face get red. "I- uh- yes. And Frisk, yes, I do like her." she managed. Frisk smiled at her kindly.

"Undyne, I'm not letting myself get in the way of what you want. I could see the sadness in your eyes when you said you wanted us to go instead of you."

"I- it's just- uh-" Frisk never expected Undyne would be a person who stammered. Her eyes softened.

"Undyne. If you really want to go see Alphys, go. I'm not stopping you."