[21]

"No...." 

Frisk shook her head slowly, taking in what Flowey had said. "No....he wouldn't." She insisted in a quiet voice. Napstablook looked at her sadly, sympathetic, but Flowey couldn't get the hint.

"Oh yeah, he did. He was all like 'Gaster lookie here it's a corruption machine' and Gaster was like 'imma keep these blueprints, kay?' and then Sans was all-" He was saying, but Napstablook elbowed him. "Frisk-" He started, but she had already run out of the house.

When they ran after her, she was nowhere to be seen. "Why'd you have to say that, Flowey?" Napstablook asked sadly. "She'd find out anyways, I just told her sooner. It's not like you were gonna." Flowey replied, shrugging. 

"But she doesn't know about-" Napstablook said, stopping himself before he said it.

Meanwhile, Frisk was running through the Waterfalls, burning with hatred. 

"First, he lies to me about his identity, and doesn't tell me that he literally created what's ruining my life?" She fumed aloud. She didn't care if anyone heard her, not at a time like this.

Frisk didn't think she could forgive G. Not after what he did. How dare she believe that he was actually nice, that he actually cared about her.

He was better off influenced by that sick machine. 

"Don't say that, Frisk." Napstablook's soft voice came from behind her. Frisk sighed. "Please get out of my mind, Napst." She said, turning to him, tears streaming down her face. He gave her a sad smile and closed his eyes. "Done." He said after a while.

Frisk stood up. "Why did you follow me here?" She asked him. He looked down at his feet, hesitant to tell her. "Y-You don't know the full story......" He whispered, trailing off. 

Frisk stared at him, suddenly interested. "So there's more?" She asked. "Will it answer some of my questions?" 

Napstablook nodded. "Please, Frisk, just let me tell the story. That's all I can do." He pleaded, guilt etched into his voice. 

Frisk's curiosity got the best of her. "Alright. I'll let you talk. But can you answer my questions afterwards?" Napstablook nodded eagerly. "Yes, to some extent." She sat down, gesturing for him to start.

"Sans-uh, G, whichever you prefer- he did make the corruption machine. To impress Gaster. After creating it and giving the blueprints to Gaster, he immediately regretted it. Gaster started using the machine to turn monsters into his slaves, and Sans did everything to stop him. He threw away all his achievements- his reputation, his inventions- to try and stop Gaster. Soon, he was trying to shut it down; playing with every button or lever. Gaster caught him mid-act....and.....they fought. As in, they went into combat. Right as Sans was losing, he shot the machine with a Gaster Blaster and caused what we call.......resets." Frisk's eyes widened. I can reset! How is that possible?

"Anyways, after the reset, which no one except Flowey and Myself know about, we broke the barrier and he changed his name to G for some reason. He had no recollection of the times before the reset, but somehow, Gaster was able to keep the blueprints from the other timeline. I'm assuming you know the rest." Frisk nodded. "Do you know how Gaster was able to keep the blueprints?"

Napstablook smiled sadly. "No, but I do have an idea. He could've used a timeless convolver, but instead of audio, with things. It was something Sans had created when he first started working for Gaster. You see, they were already theorizing about other timelines and resets, and Sans created this locker that would hold anything through any timeline, no matter the situation. Although they were never able to  test it, apparently, it worked. I assume that Gaster found the blueprints in the locker and assumed it was an invention he already created." 

Frisk looked at him, impressed. "How do you know what happened? Didn't everyone lose their memories after the reset?" 

"Yeah. Flowey was the only one who didn't, an outcome of being soulless. I met him, made friends with him, and he told me all about it. It was hard to accept at first, but soon, I believed him." 

There was only one question left burning in her mind.

"Napst........." she started, trailing off. He was staring at her expectantly, but Frisk was sure he wasn't prepared for her question.

"I can reset. Why?" Napstablook gasped, falling backward. "Y-Y-You.......can reset?" he asked, his voice full of fear. Frisk nodded slowly, which caused him to yelp. "My question is how? How is that possible?"

"I can't answer that." He responded. Frisk pouted, getting irritated. "But Flowey can. Why don't you ask him?" 

At the sound of his name, Flowey popped up right next to Frisk. "Heya!" He said, bobbing his head as if he didn't have a care in the world. "I heard my name. Ya got somethin' you wanna tell me?" 

Frisk nodded, inhaling slowly. She turned to Napstablook, who was still staring at her in fear. Turning back to the flower, she spoke up. "I have a question for you regarding resets. Can you help me?" 

Flowey's eyes glistened with something Frisk couldn't put her finger on. "Well, Golly! Of course I'll answer it! What is it, friend?" She gulped, thinking out her words before speaking. 

"Under certain circumstances, where I had determination ejected into my soul, I could reset. Why?" 

Flowey stared at her as if he was trying to determine if it was a joke or not. "What?" Frisk gulped again, uneasiness slowly settling into her stomach. "I-I can reset...and I'm asking how." 

He stared her down, eyebrows furrowing down in confusion and anger. "You can reset?" He asked her. 

She looked at him, confused. He heard her the first time....was it so impossible that even the only monster to remember other timelines was confused? "Yes, I can reset." she repeated in a 'duh' tone. 

He looked at her in such horror Frisk couldn't help but wonder what was wrong. "Of course...........her soul........if it's that.........then..." He turned to Frisk, completely flabbergasted.

"I'll explain everything in a minute. Can I see your soul?"

Words: 1104

Hahahhhaaaa cliffhanger. 

Hullo! As you can see, I'm back from the dead! I apologize for not posting in like 3-4 days, but my fever was getting better and my mom banned me from using the computer at all. (it was hell -_____-) 

Anyways, I'm still trying to figure out the next blob of storyline, so the next update may be like the day after tomorrow (im so sorry ples don't hate me)

Anyways, thank you for reading and voting! I love you all!

*mwah mwah*