[9]

Frisk stood up and looked around for the third time. "Do you know which way to go?" She asked G.

She didn't want to tell G that the instructions didn't match the current environment, but she did anyway.

G growled in anger. Frisk was worried he'd yell at her, but he stayed silent.

A long time passed and not a word was spoken. Then, slowly but surely, a smirk developed on G's face.

"I might know a guy who does." He said, smiling to himself. Frisk pulled him to his feet. "Well? What are we waiting for? Let's go!"

He stopped her. "It'll take forever if we go on foot. Which means..." Frisk stared at him, annoyed when she realized what he was saying.

She sighed after a long time and held out her hand. "Fine." She said. G took her hand and the familiar feeling of teleporting made Frisk groan.

They were outside a pub with the name of Grillby's. "Grillby's?" Frisk asked in confusion. G chuckled.

"Back when the monsters were still trapped in the Underground, Grillby's was in Snowdin. Now, it's in Hotlands, because that's where most monsters are."

He stepped forward and opened the door, turning to Frisk, who shifted from foot to foot, uncertain. He gave her a smirk. "Shall we?"

Frisk looked behind her. They were on the top of another mountain, this one surrounded by lava.

She turned back to G, who was waiting for her answer. She took his hand. "Let's go."

Inside, there was food and warmth, yet something seemed off. When they entered, silence coated the room. Frisk thought it was because she was human, but everyone seemed more scared of G.

"How'd you get outta prison, G?" One monster yelled.

G smirked. "By sucking your mom's dick!"

It was silent for a count of three before everyone laughed and the place livened up. Frisk gaped at G in horror.

"Tulip," he said, sighing. "That's the only way to fit in here. Come on."

They walked up to the bar and sat on the barstools. "Grillby!" G yelled before punching the table. When Frisk looked at him, still confused, G muttered: "fit in, Tulip, that's the only thing you gotta do."

A monster with a head of fire approached them.

Frisk screamed before G clamped a hand over her mouth.

"G!" The monster said, outstretching his arms as if he was anticipating a hug. G high fived him instead, much to the monster's amusement. "Still as bad as ever," he said, chuckling.

He noticed Frisk. "Who's this?" he asked G. The skeleton smiled. "Ah! Grillby, this is Frisk. Frisk, this is Grillby."

Grillby inspected Frisk carefully before asking her: "Is G your boyfriend?" Frisk choked on the water she was drinking before blushing. "No!" G and Frisk said in unison. Grillby laughed and his flames burned a bit brighter.

"Look, Grillbz, we need your help." G said, avoiding eye contact. "What's the fastest route to the lab?" He finally said after a count of 5.

Grillby stared at him, then turned to Frisk. He seemed to realize that they were on an important mission. He sighed. "Unfortunately, I can't give you that information. But-" G cut him off. "Come on, Grillby!" he whined. The fire monster huffed in annoyance.

"If you would just let me finish, G. What I was saying was that I can help you after hours. But that's the only time I can help you."

G took this in. He nodded. "Sounds good. We've got..." he looked at the clock. "4 hours." He turned to Frisk. "If ya don't mind, Tulip, but could I have a word with Grillby? Alone?" She nodded before sliding off the stool and wandering around.