[19]

Napstablook lead her through the hills, pointing out 'the echo flowers'. Frisk had come to realise that this region that she entered was called 'Waterfall'. She had no idea how the Underground was in a cave on the side of Mt. Ebott, but Napstablook explained.

"After the barrier was broken, Mt. Ebott began having terrible earthquakes, causing pieces of the mountain to dessicate. Everyone moved out of the Underground, eager to see the surface, but me and a few other monsters didn't want to leave." He said, smiling sadly at the ground. "You'll meet them sooner or later."

As Frisk walked through Waterfall, she couldn't help but marvel at the magical (literally) sights that she was seeing. The water was cool, and clear, the gems sparkled with a breathtaking shine.

"So, do you like Waterfall?" Napstablook asked, after telling Frisk that echo flowers would repeat anything they heard. She turned to him, smile wide. "Of course! How could I not love this place? It's so beautiful, and peaceful, and-"

She flashed back to when G tried to kill her. To when Undyne sacrificed herself for Frisk. She fell to her knees, Napstablook hovering over quickly. "Frisk? Are you okay?" He asked quietly.

She wanted to tell him she was fine, but that felt like a lie.

She wanted to tell him she was suffering, but that was also a lie.

Frisk decided on standing up and sighing without any words to her new friend. The guilt was eating her alive. Holding her chin high, she turned to Napstablook. "I'm fine, but thanks for your concern, Napst."

He seemed to like that little nickname from the way he smiled at her. They continued on their walk, Napstablook pointing out certain flowers or rocks. 'He would be a great geologist.' Frisk thought.

Napst blushed. "Why thanks, Frisk." He said, content. Frisk looked at him, wide eyed. She was 100% positive that she hadn't said that aloud. Her new friend seemed to realize his mistake and instantly apologized, a small frown forming on his face.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean- I just-"

"How did you do that?" She asked in amazement. "You can listen to my thoughts?" Napstablook nodded, looking down at the ground in embarrassment. "I'm sorry- but when you collapsed- I wanted to make sure- I have this power to, ya know- I wanted to see if you were okay." He whispered.

Frisk was taken aback at his kindness. He knew that Frisk didn't trust him enough for her to tell him, and he was completely cool with it. Yet he still tried to understand what she was going through. She stayed silent.

"Thank you." She said after a minute. 'Thank you' didn't really cut the amount of gratitude she had for the ghost, but it was the best she could do. Napstablook nodded. Frisk smiled at him, feeling refreshed. "I might as well tell you the story, huh?"

They sat on top of a tall hill overlooking the waterfall. Napstablook had picked some fruit before he found Frisk, so they sat back and ate that (How Napst was able to eat, Frisk didn't want to know).

"So," She said, taking a bite of the fruit before glancing at the ghost with a smile, "What do you want to know?"

Napstablook blushed (or at least, she thought he did). "W-Who........" The question seemed stuck. Nevertheless, Frisk understood what he intended to say.

Who did this to you?

She let out a chuckle. The answer was too complicated to put into words. "I guess, in a way, I did this to myself." She said. His attention snapped to her. "Why?" He asked. Frisk looked into the distance sadly.

"Well, it all started a long time ago...."

----

"And that led me to where I am now." Frisk finished, taking out a second fruit. "With you." She added with a smile. Napstablook made a quiet humming sound, taking it all in. He finally turned to Frisk with a smile. "That took a lot of trust to tell me that, Frisk." He remarked, content.

Standing up, she threw the eaten fruit away. "Shall we?" She asked Napst, offering a hand. He seemed to embarrassed to bring out the hand blob again, so he declined her offer. They started down the hill.

Frisk stopped suddenly. A childish idea came to her mind. "Frisk?" Napst asked worriedly, wondering if she had another outburst.

"Have you ever rolled down a hill?"

----

"Oh! This is so cool!" Napstablook called, rolling down the hill. Frisk was right next to him, laughing with a purity that she hadn't used in forever. Rolling down the hill with Napst was like being a child again, with none of the weights of the world weighing down on her shoulders.

Once they got to the bottom, they were both laughing out of joy. Napstablook used winds to blow the grass out of Frisk's hair, who was still giggling. "Thank you, Napst. You have no idea how refreshing that was." He blushed. "Thank you, Frisk, for teaching me how to roll down a hill. I never thought such an activity would be so fun."

Frisk giggled, running a hand through her hair. "So, where are we going?" She asked, getting back on topic. Napstablook smiled, perking up. "Oh! Well I was going to show you my house, then we can meet up with my friends! We'll show you all over the Underground!" He said. Tiny fireworks exploded at the end, kind of like jazz hands. Frisk laughed in delight.

"Well, show me around! This place looks great!"

Napstablook decided to stop by Snowdin, as it was on the way to his house. The original Snowdin was so much cuter than the one in Asriel City. The lights were still twinkling, and Christmas music was blasting from nowhere. Napst showed her the shops, the original Grillby's the town square, and the forest path. When they were heading back to Waterfall, Napst pointed out a house with a vast amount of christmas lights on the roof.

"That's where Papyrus and Sans liv-" Napst realized what he said and clamped a hand over his mouth. Frisk turned to him. "Who's Sans?" The ghost only shook his head sadly. Frisk had heard about 'The Great Papyrus' from G, but G never mentioned someone named Sans.

She ran to the house. Napstablook floated after her, but she was a fast runner.

"Frisk, Wait! Don't go in there!"

'Too late,' she thought, knowing perfectly well Napstablook could still hear her thoughts. She rushed into the house, gasping when she entered. The whole place was trashed, but she didn't get a negative vibe from it. It looked like someone had thrown everything everywhere as a celebration.

'I wonder where G lived in the Underground.' She thought, picking up a photo album that read Papyrus and Sans. She opened it, and looked at the first photo.

Then she screamed.

Words: 1241

Hi! Thanks for all your comments yesterday, they really made me laugh! I'm not doing much better, but my writer's block is better! Next chapter will be some backstory, and some secrets, too!

MAJOR SHOUTOUT! I wasn't even going to write this but @laniaina made me a wonderful cover! Everyone should check out her graphics right now!

Isn't it beautiful? She has a gift for aesthetics!

Anyways, thank you so much for reading, voting, and sharing! I love you all!

*mwah mwah*