[24]

Flowey and Frisk now stood in an abandoned home, one that Flowey said belonged to Toriel before they broke the barrier. Frisk looked around, taking in the home-y feel of it.

Flowey pointed down the hallway. "There's a bathroom and bedroom over there. I think Toriel left some clothes there."

Frisk nodded excitedly before making her way (downtown, walking fas-) to the bathroom. It had been days since she had taken a shower.

The hot water on her dirty skin felt like heaven. She stood under the shower water for what felt like hours before sighing and getting out. She felt refreshed, with a clear mind and a determined heart.

Walking into the closet, Frisk realised that the only thing that Toriel had were dresses. So, she took her own black leggings and a purple kimono-styled dress and put it on. It was kind of impractical, but it was way better than what she had on before.

(basically this)

After changing, Frisk went back out into the hallway

After changing, Frisk went back out into the hallway. She walked into the living room, but Flowey wasn't there. Going through another door, Frisk found herself in the kitchen. There was a pie in the oven, so she took it out. It looked like a pumpkin pie, but when Frisk cut herself a slice and took a bite, it was more buttery and cinnamony.

It was hands down the best thing she had ever eaten. Frisk looked around the kitchen while eating, seeing if Flowey was there or not, but found nothing. It was a small house- where would he be?

She finished the pie, putting the plate in the sink, before journeying around the house. She looked through all of the rooms- he was nowhere to be found. Panic started to creep into her when she realized Flowey was gone.

Breathe, she told herself, He's probably down the stairs.

She wasn't going to go down the stairs in the hallway, but with Flowey gone, that was the only place she hadn't checked. He was bound to be down there.

When she got to the bottom, a long hallway stretched in front of her. She pushed down her fear and strode forward, unafraid of the dark. Doubt placed itself in her mind. What if Flowey betrayed you? What if this is a trap?

After telling herself to shut up, Frisk finally reached the end of the hallway. There stood a purple door, sealed shut. She breathed a sigh of relief when she saw a yellow flower in front of it. "Flowey!" She called to him.

He didn't reply.

"Flowey?" She called again, worry etched in her voice. This time he turned around, and Frisk felt as if the weight of the world fell off her shoulders.

"Howdy!" He said, bobbing up and down. "I've found a route, friend! I'll take you there!"

Frisk froze. Something was very off about him, as if he resetted and had no idea who Frisk was. As if Napstablook disappearing didn't even happen. She didn't want to trust him, but if he was going to lead her to Gaster and Chara, she'll take her chances.

Taking a nearby shard of glass that acted as a dagger, she turned back to Flowey. "Okay, let's go."

"Golly! I didn't think you'd come as easily as that!" He remarked, starting forward.

Yeah, something was definitely wrong with him.

As they walked on, Frisk had to wonder what possibly happened to him.

Maybe Flowey was just pushing down his emotions, something Frisk often did.

Maybe he didn't want to accept the fact that they had taken. Frisk didn't want to either.

"Villains don't play by the rules." G's voice echoed in her head. Something the G she knew would never say, but then again, she never really knew G.

She thought about all that he lied about. Why did he lie about not knowing Gaster and Chara? He seemed pretty shocked when Alphys explained who they were. It could've been an act, She said to herself. But something was still off. The moment they had in the Hotlands seemed so....real.

She shook her head, trying not to think about it.

When they reached the Waterfalls, Flowey turned a right into a cave with a river. Frisk was surprised when someone with a cloak on a boat showed up. After paying them and telling them to go to the Hotlands, Frisk got a feeling of nostalgia.

The Underground was really like Asriel City, when she thought about it. There was a Snowdin there, and a Snowdin here. Same for Hotlands. She assumed the people of Asriel City didn't really want a ruins, and the Waterfalls were too magical, so she could understand Springdale and Autumn.

She thought about all she had learned and tried to get her head around it. Why'd this have to happen to me, of all people? She thought. It was so unfair that her life had to be turned upside down just because of her soul color.

When they arrived, Flowey was bursting with excitement. Frisk was wondering how she could get to him, how to save him from whatever made him into a happy-go-lucky monster.

They walked through the Hotlands, Frisk eyeing all around suspiciously. There was no possible way Flowey could've found them in that time without someone 'helping' him. There was definitely something going on.

When an abandoned white building with the letters LAB on it came into view, Frisk grabbed one on Flowey's leaves, as if she was holding his hand. "Well, Golly, Friend! I didn't know you were that nervous!" He laughed, his words artificial.

So there they stood, in front of the lab. Frisk holding one of Flowey's vines with one hand, a glass shard in the other. She prepared for everything that came next. Right as her hand was about to make contact with the door as a knock, the door slid open silently.

They stepped in.

Frisk looked around. It was exactly like the lab in Asriel City, but this one was trashed. Wires and debris lay everywhere, chairs and tables turned, as if someone had went out of their way to block attacks. There were burn marks here and there, and strange enough, old instant noodle cups littering the floor.

All the doors and openings were blocked by pieces of wall or other bulk.

All except one.

The elevator was the only opening they could go through.

Frisk gripped her glass shard tightly.

"Let's do this." she muttered to herself.

Words: 1208

*waves* Hi! It's me again, obviously. AHHHH another cliffhanger! (plez don't kill me) I've been soooo motivated for the ending, and I already have an idea for the Epilogue hehehehhe.

HUGE SHOUTOUT (I've been thinking about doing like one big shoutout chapter to my first readers) TO CoffeeGuardian OH MY FRIKIN GOSH THEY DESERVE SO MANY MORE VIEWS AND VOTES ON THEIR ECHOTALE FIC THAN ME HONESTLY I WANT EVERYONE TO GO ON EVERY SINGLE BOOK OF THEIRS AND VOTE SORRY FOR RAMBLING BUT AHHHH I WANT TO WRITE LIKE THEM SOMEDAY THEY ARE LITERALLY ONE OF MY WATTPAD SENPAIS

Anyways, thank you all so much for reading, voting, and commenting! I love you all so much!

*mwah mwah*