Epilogue

Frisk woke up on the bottom of a mountain. She looked up at it, the tip barely in her eyesight. How she got there, she had no idea. Maybe she fell asleep yesterday? She didn't remember going on a hike.

She looked at the view in front of her. A beautiful forest stood before her, the sunlight glistening through the leaves. It was magical.

Turning back to the mountain, Frisk weighed her options.

Nonetheless, a little morning climbing never hurt anyone, so she proceeded to climb the mountain. If the view was just as good as the bottom, Frisk would be in for a treat.

Minutes passed, then hours. By the time Frisk reached the top, she was sweating quite a lot. However, it was all worth it. She looked over at the view, and It took her breath away. The sun was rising between another mountain and a village.

"Majestical," Frisk breathed. It truly was. The sunlight illuminated the whole scene with sparkling beauty.

She couldn't take her eyes off of it. All she wanted to do was stand there forever an watch the sun go by.

"It is, isn't it?"

Frisk screamed and jumped backwards, turning to whoever spoke.

It was the weirdest group of beings ever. There were two giant goat monsters, one slimmer than the other. Beside the bigger one, a fish-like monster stood next to a short lizard woman. Two skeletons stood in between the slim goat and lizard woman.

She froze, not knowing what to do. She had never seen anything like them. Racking her brain for anything, a myth, a legend, something that would make this situation seem logical, Frisk came up with nothing. She couldn't remember anything besides her name and the morning.

The monsters, as she decided to call them, looked sympathetically at one another before one by one, they started to turn around and walk away from her. She knew it was her one chance to speak.

"Hey, wait!"

They all froze in unison.

The first to turn around was the slim goat. Then the fish lady, followed by the skeletons, the lizard woman, and the other goat.

Frisk grasped for the words she wanted to communicate.

"I'm sorry..." was all that came out.

They all looked surprised at the words she spit out. Frisk swallowed slowly, anticipating their response. She then stood up and brushed off the dirt on her clothes.

"I'm Frisk." She said with a warm smile. Slowly, but uncertainly, the lady goat walked up to her and shook her hand. "Toriel." She said in a soft voice.

Next, the larger goat shook her hand. "King Asgore." He said in a low voice. Next, the lizard and fish lady came up to Frisk, each grasping a hand. 

"I'm Undyne, and this is Alphys." The fish woman said. Frisk gave smiles at both of them. 

Lastly, the two skeletons walked up to her. She was a little bit spooked at walking and talking skeletons, but hey, she literally just met a goat woman. The taller one spoke first. "I'M THE GREAT PAPYRUS," He said, full of pride. "AND THIS IS MY BROTHER SANS."

Frisk turned her attention to the shorter skeleton, who was still taller than her. He was slim with black sweatpants, sneakers, and a blue jacket. He looked immensely bored. 

She peered at him curiously. He seemed so familiar, but she couldn't remember why. 

He noticed her staring at him intently and his eyebrows furrowed, as if he were wracking his brain on where he had seen her before.

They stared at each other for a long time before Toriel cleared her throat. "So, I guess we should explain what we are and how we got here so I'll jus-" 

Frisk cut her off. "No need. You all must be very tired. I'll show you to the nearest village."

They all looked taken aback by her statement, but no one said anything. Frisk peered at the castle to the west of the mountain. They'll go there. She pointed it out to the monsters and they started down the mountain.

On the way, she made beautiful friendships, with mainly Toriel and Papyrus. The rest of the group just stood behind her, following silently.

When they finally reached the castle, Frisk fade them farewell. 

"Human? You are not coming?" Papyrus said. Frisk shook her head sadly. "Sorry Papyrus, I have to find my way home." 

They all waved goodbye to her, and she turned, only to be dragged to the side by Sans. 

"How did you do it?" He demanded. Frisk flinched. 

"What?"

"Stop playing dumb, idiot, how did you do it?" 

Frisk stared at him in confusion for a very long time, so much so that he finally realised she didn't know anything. He punched a nearby in frustration, so much so that Frisk squeaked.

She turned to leave, but before she could, he grabbed her by the arm and his lips locked with hers. Frisk's eyes widened, but quickly they closed as she melted into the kiss. When they both pulled away, Frisk's cheeks were tinted pink. 

"What on earth was that?" She demanded. 

Sans said nothing. He just stood there, staring at her intently. 

She squirmed in discomfort before turning away from him. "I'm sorry..." She spoke, running away from him without looking back.

Chara's POV

I watched as Frisk ran away from that skeletal idiot. Why on earth would he think kissing her would bring back the memories? 

I followed Frisk, floating close behind her. Of course, if I went more than 100 metres away from her, my body would be engulfed with immense pain, and that's the last thing I wanted.

If only she knew I thought, shaking my head.

If only she knew.

______________________

Hullo! I'm back from the dead! As you can tell, school has been so busy lately (especially with swim training, violin lessons, and 3 other extracurriculars *cough cough*) but that's the price of going to an IB school. I've had terrible writer's block, as you can see, because this chapter is really bad.

Anyways, a bit of explanation:

My intention for this book was kinda a prequel to the actual game undertale. It shone some light on the events I think would fit well with the story. It also explains the Chara ghost thing, as she died right before Frisk did a true reset, causing everyone to lose their memories, except for Chara and Sans. It also means Chara haunts Frisk, as they merged souls to get out of limbo.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed the story! I love you all so much!

*mwah mwah*