[23]

Frisk turned around slowly, facing towards where the voice had come from. She knew exactly whose voice it was.

"You're here for me, right?" she asked softly. The voice laughed. "Who else?"

She stepped forward, determination slowly fading into her veins. "Then we'll fight. If you win, you get to take me. If I win, I get to stay. Just leave my friends out of this."

The voice laughed again. A tall, muscular skeleton with black jeans and a black ski jacket stepped into view. Frisk looked into his eyes, but there was no trace of G left. She shook her head. I shouldn't be hoping for him. I don't want him to come back anyway.

"I thought you and I were friends once, right, amigo?" He said, traces of hurt in his voice. Why on earth would he be hurt? I'm the one with a broken heart, She thought. "We were more than friends, actually. If you'd actually remember that." She remarked, holding her ground.

G smirked. "Oh, I remember it." He said, walking up to her. He slowly walked in a circle around Frisk. "I remember all of it," He whispered in her ear.

If he thinks flirting is gonna get me to go with him, what an idiot he is, She said in her head. Staring into his now blood red eyes, she spoke again. "Don't. Hurt. Them." She said, holding her chin high.

G laughed once again. It was getting on Frisk's nerves. "Oh, Frisk," He purred, playing with a strand of her hair. She yanked it away. "Always pushing down your emotions. Why not open up for a bit?"

She glared at him. "I've opened up quite a bit around them, which was a lot more times than I've ever opened up to you."

He seemed taken aback by this, before a smirk placed itself onto his face. "That may be true, but I doubt that those were as...intimate as our little emotional rant, weren't they?" He stopped in front of Frisk, their lips inches away.

Frisk glanced at his lips before backing away. "Let's just fight. Here and now." She growled. "None of this talk."

He bowed, imitating a gentleman offering a hand. "Gladly." He said with a wicked smile, advancing quickly.

Frisk dodged the first attack, one from a hoard of bones. She leapt over the next, rolling into a somersault and standing up quickly.

"Looks like someone's been practicing," G cooed. She rolled her eyes and prayed that he would stop hitting on her. He summoned his Gaster Blasters and attempted to shoot at Frisk, who had dodged those as well.

It was an endless loop of attacking and dodging, Frisk still refusing to hurt him, even after everything that she had been through.

After a while, the attacks slowed down, which made it easier for her. She was in no condition to stop, not with the immense amount of determination flowing through her. G eventually stopped the attacks altogether, panting.

"You've gotten better than before, Miss I-Run-Away-In-Every-Situation." He said, smirking. Frisk had no idea why he was acting so smug- he literally could not give one blow that hit her.

She held her chin high again. "Well, things have changed. And since I won, please leave me alone." (A/N: As if asking nicely was a good idea. Great job Frisk. *sarcastic applause*)

He smiled- a sickening smile, one that made fear bubble in Frisk's stomach. "Ah, but there's one thing you forgot about, Tulip." He said, Frisk grimacing at his old nickname for her.

"Villains don't play by the rules."

And with that, he disappeared in a flash of yellow light. Frisk sighed, glad she just got a warning. She turned around and froze.

Napstablook was gone. Flowey stood there, staring at her in fear.

"Where's Napst?" She said, panic rising in her voice.

Flowey stared at her, guilt in his eyes. "He- when the skeleton- then- gone- I could've- if only-" He stuttered, trying to form a sentence. Frisk started feeling the tears come in.

She had lost so many people- she didn't want to lose any more.

It wasn't fair! Gaster and Chara were just plucking the most important people of her life out of it! As if it were all some game!

She swallowed her anger and sadness- now wasn't the time to break down. After taking a deep breath, she looked back at Flowey. "How did they find us?" She asked.

He thought for a moment before his shoulders slumped down in defeat. "I don't know," he admitted, sadness for the first time evident in his voice. He looked up at her, something along the lines of determination and anger burning in his eyes. "But we need to find out." He said, growling in rage. "Wherever they took him, we're going there."

Frisk nodded. She, too, was burning with determination. Gaster and Chara won't take anymore important people from her life. They were done messing with her.

She was going to destroy them, to destroy the corruption machine.

"You shouldn't do that," Flowey said, and Frisk realized she said the last part aloud. "Considering if you destroy the corruption machine, you'll die." He stated miserably.

Frisk nodded. "I don't care; I'm done with that sickening machine ruining my life. And didn't you say something about a reset?" She asked him.

Flowey pondered this for a moment. He then locked eyes with Frisk, hope running in his eyes. A small smile formed on his face. "Yes, that could work....." he mumbled to himself. She could almost see the gears turning in his head (or petals, whatever).

She hoped Flowey's idea would end this once and for all. She prayed that there wasn't more backstory or another layer to this whole mess.

After a few minutes of silence, Flowey spoke up. "You can merge with the machine." He said in a soft voice. Frisk's head snapped to him. "What?"

He started bobbing again, excitement lacing into his words. "You can merge with the corruption machine!" He babbled, getting more pumped every second. "It makes perfect sense! The corruption machine's power source is basically a copy of your soul, so the determination that would be produced would be enough for-" He stopped himself before he could continue.

Looking into Frisk's expression, trying to read her, he asked in a small voice: "Are you okay with that?"

Grit and persistence glinted in her eyes. "If it means this will be over, then so be it."

Words: 1273

Hello, my wonderful readers! It's me, back with another chapter! (woot woot) ever since I haven't been sick anymore, motivation has got me pumping up with ideas! Inspiration has finally struck me!

Quick shoutout @xSariskPvPx to for pming me all those nice comments! Thank you so much! Go check out their Frans Book 'Royal Love'. :)

Unfortunately, as you can see, we're reaching the end of this story. I have planned for there to be at most 3-4 more chapters. Maybe I'll add another element to it and they'll be more, but we both know that if I dragged this on any longer, it would become crazy and complicated as shi- er, heck. This was always planned to be about 20-30ish chapters, it was never meant to be a long story. I'd never be capable to write one anyways.

I've been thinking about writing a very small story on Dancetale in between this and Uphill. It'll be like 5-7 chapters.

Anyways, thank you so much for reading, voting, and commenting! I love you all so much!

*mwah mwah*