[17]

"You just saved." Undyne's voice rang out.

Frisk found herself in the hallway she was previously in, looking at the small painted star.

A horrible feeling of déja vu made her dizzy, but she sprang to her feet, determined.

"Undyne." She said, voice deadly serious. "We have to hurry."

Undyne looked at Frisk, confused. She had no idea that Frisk had just reset. All her memories prior to Frisk's death had been gone until the save point. "What? Where did-"

"There's no time! Let's go!" Frisk started running towards the door, Undyne on her heels. "Wait, Frisk! Where-?" Her breath was taken away when they entered the door and found themselves inside the room with three doors. "What is this place?"

Frisk started to pace, frustrated. It wasn't Undyne's fault that she couldn't remember anything, but they were running out of time. "Undyne! Go through the door on the right. Meet me once you finish." 

"Frisk, wait-" Undyne's call got drowned out by Frisk's heartbeat beating rapidly. When she entered the door on the left, she wasn't greeted by the platform she did the last time. 

'What? Why- Why is it different?'

She was in a small room with no door. The ceiling was made of glass, and she could see the stars that shone brightly in the sky. 'It's not even night time.' Frisk thought. 'Why was it different this time?' 

After a few seconds, a square appeared in front of Frisk. There was a question and 4 answers, like in those game shows she would watch when she lazed around the house. An icy feeling engulfed her when she looked at the question.

What's going to change when Frisk resets?

A. Nothing.
B. Nothing.
C. Nothing.
D. Nothing.

She froze. How did they know she reset? Their memories....they were supposed to forget. Could it be Mettaton? Or Chara? Gaster? None of them could remember the other timelines. The only one who could do that was Frisk herself. 

She looked at the answers. They were all the same, so regardless of the answer, Frisk could either live or die (at least, she assumed). She chose a, because knowing how self-centered Mettaton was, the correct answer would share a similar letter with his name.

The button turned red.

'Shoot.'

The walls started to cave in on her, moving slowly but smoothly. Frisk panicked. What would Undyne do when she realised Frisk wasn't coming? How would they save G? 

'Think, Frisk, Think!' 

At the last minute, an idea popped in her head. She wasn't good at parkour, but anyone could be determined to do something they usually failed at if it meant saving their life. She readied herself, making sure her feet weren't slippery or anything.

When the walls were just about to squished her, she jumped, running up one wall only to jump on the next. Soon she was close to the ceiling, the walls barely giving any space between them. Once Frisk reached the glass ceiling, she shoved it with all her might, watching as the glass started to crack.

A terrifying image of G storming towards her with a murderous expression flashed in her mind. Determination flooded through her whole body and Frisk gave the ceiling one last shove, shattering it.

She jumped out and everything flashed black. She felt herself get dizzy as the previous room faded into view. Undyne was leaning against the wall. "Took you long enough," She said teasingly.