[18]

"Care to explain?" Grillby asked, gesturing to their current state. Undyne looked at Frisk expectantly, as if to say it's all on you. Frisk cleared her throat.

"Can we talk in a more, ahem, private area?" She asked, glancing at Fuku and another monster bustling to fix meals in a short amount of time. Grillby followed her gaze and sighed. "We can, but unfortunately, I can't do anything on shift, which means more waiting." 

Frisk nodded, agreeing to their compromise. 

He guided them to the lounge area, where a bunch of monsters were chatting and smoking. Undnyne plopped herself onto one of the couches, while Frisk curled up on a recliner. It was big, and she looked like a mere child when sitting on it.

Undyne glanced at Frisk, wanting an explanation, but she knew that her friend was thinking about it. And she was. Frisk was wondering how on earth she would explain the resets to Undyne, and Grillby, for that matter.

It's not like she could downright say "I'm considered a time traveller, and I can reset and jump back in time to my will.". No one would believe her if she did. 

Time passed, and customers went in and out. Frisk listened to all sorts of conversations, but one between a crocodile monster and vine monster grabbed her attention.

"Whaddy'a think Gast' is gonna' do wit' the skell'?" the vine monster said. Frisk had to concentrate hard to understand his question.

"Probably corrupt 'im. I heard that thing is a mean machine." She froze. They had to be talking about Gaster and the corruption machine. If so, why weren't they corrupted already? Any companion of Gaster in his state at the present would already be in Genocide mode. 

A monster with wood sticking out of his sides walked up to them. "What'cha talkin' about, Nig? Stan?" He asked, obviously drunk. Frisk made a mental note of their names. Nig and Stan. Weird.

"Ah, Gastaro opened a new restaurant called The Sky Well, but we call it 'The Skell' for short. His food is so good even monsters and humans that don't like cuisine eat it!" The crocodile monster remarked before laughing. The other two laughed with him as Frisk sighed. I'm just being paranoid, She thought.

Suddenly, something that was presumably glass shattered in the next room. Both Frisk and Undyne rushed to the other room, watching as Grillby fought off a monster. Grillby yelled at everyone to get out, and locked eyes with Frisk. "Frisk, Undyne, get out of here!" He cried to them, stalling the monster.

The monster finally knocked Grillby unconcious, turning to them. That's when Frisk realised their eye color.

It was blood red.

An unsettling truth washed over Frisk. "Frisk?" Undyne called to her, already at the door. She wanted to scream, to tell Undyne they were corrupted. But her friend only thought that the monster was another drunk bastard. "U-Und-" Frisk whispered hoarsely. Her vocal cords seem to have failed her. She couldn't move.

The monster took one step closer to her. 

'Move, Frisk! Do something!'

He took another step. Frisk's gut screamed at her to move. 

'Come on, Frisk! Just run away!'

He finally stood about 2 feet away from her, readying an attack. Frisk desperately tried to move, but she couldn't. Her muscles refused to co-operate. And when the monster lept at her, she closed her eyes, waiting. 

Waiting for the impact. She clenched her jaw, accepting the fact that she would die in a few seconds. 

But the blow never came.

Frisk opened her eyes slowly. Undyne had flung herself in front of Frisk, sacrificing her life. The monster was now wrestling her to the ground. Undyne called to Frisk. "Get outta here, punk! Save 'im!" 

Frisk nodded, her muscles finally relaxing. "Thank you." she muttered, running out of the bar and into the Hotlands. She looked around, realizing there was nowhere to go. 

G had been corrupted, and he was chasing after her right now.

Undyne, as much as Frisk hated to admit it, was probably going to be corrupted too, and all of that could've been avoided if Frisk had only moved.

It was all her fault. Everything was her fault. All of this...

was her fault. 

Frisk kept running. She ran and ran until her legs were tired. She hardly noticed the change of scenery, from Hotlands, to Springdale, through Snowdin and Autumn. By the time she stopped to catch her breath, she was out of Asriel City.

Collapsing to the ground, she finally looked around. There were blue and purple rocks everywhere, gems glowing within them. There were glowing flowers scattered throughout the hills, and grass that flowed quietly with the wind. Frisk stood up, her attention caught by the oval-shaped 'doorway'. She looked through it and gasped.

It was Asriel City.

'There's no way I could've ran all the way here...." Frisk remarked, talking to herself. She looked back at the area with glowing everything. Deciding to step out, just for a minute, she walked through the opening, looking up. 

'No way!' 

Frisk had run all the way to Mt. Ebott. All the way to a cave that was inside the mountain where another world was rumored to reside. Frisk backed up, running back inside the cave, where all felt safe, secure.

Once inside, She strode around, exploring the new land.

The glowing flowers were everywhere, planting themselves (pun not intended) into every place where they could live. There were gems atop the ceiling, shining brightly, imitating the stars. Nearby stood a waterfall, peacefully flowing into a beautiful large lake. 

Frisk's breath was taken away. She was so mesmerised by everything, she hardly noticed the figure that was creeping up behind her.

"Hello."

Frisk jumped, turning around and instinctively kicking her foot out. She fell to her knees, shaking in fear from the sudden voice.

What she did see was far from what she expected. There stood a ghost, a small frown planted on his face in worry. And when Frisk said ghost, she legitimately meant a faded outline of the ghosts that kids would dress up as halloween with a sheet. 

She sprang to her feet, instantly apologising. "I'm so sorry, I didn't know anyone else was here, I'll just leave now-" 

The ghost put a small blob onto her mouth (that Frisk assumed was his finger). "It's okay," he said in a soft voice. "No one really visits the Underground anymore. I'm glad someone finally dropped by. I'm Napstablook." 

Frisk smiled at the ghost, getting a chill, but friendly vibe to him. "I'm Frisk-" she said, before processing the rest of what he said.

"Wait, I'm in the Underground?!"

Words: 1137

Suffering from a fever, writer's block, and jet lag. Someone save me.

Send your hugs below and maybe I'll get a splurge of inspiration!

Anyways, thank you so much for reading! I love you all!

*a very tired and sick mwah mwah*