[15]

When Frisk woke up, the first thing that went through her mind was G.

She looked around her. She was in a cell, with nothing but a slab of stone she slept on. Outside of her cell sat Undyne, chained in another cell opposite to hers.

"Undyne!" Frisk cried. Her friend snapped their attention to Frisk as soon as she spoke. "Frisk? Are you okay?"

Frisk nodded, moving close to the bars. "Where is everyone? Where are we? What happened? Why-" Undyne chuckled at her sudden question attack.

"Well, after that hideous robot chloroformed the heck outta you two, I went after him. Don't worry, Kitten is with Alphys at the lab. Mettaton won't be going after them anytime soon."

Frisk let out a sigh of relief. At least Kitty was safe. She then realised someone was missing.

"What about G?"

Undyne grimaced. "Well, Mettaton took him somewhere he calls 'the showroom.'"

Fear laced Frisk's stomach as she looked at her friend. "I'm getting you out of there."

Undyne let out a forced laugh. "Good luck with that, my friend."

The small amount of hope Undyne had for her filled Frisk with determination as she got out a bobby pin. She had learned this from Mettaton's mystery show that was on one time. At least watching the robot's show was helpful at some times.

Undyne let out a shocked sound when Frisk was successful. "So, uh..." Undyne said warily. "You gonna help me out or what?"

Frisk laughed. She looked around the room. All she found was files on Napstablook, Mettaton's cousin.

Once Frisk decided that bobby pins were all she had, determination flowed through her arms as she broke into her friend's cell. Once Undyne was free from all locks, they burst out the only door in the room.

They found themselves in a hallway. The grey brick wall looked like it was about to fall.

On on brick, there was a small yellow star painted on it. When Frisk touched it, she heard a small ping.

"You just saved, ya know." Frisk's head snapped to Undyne. "I what?"

She gestured to the little star. "You just made a save point."

Whatever Frisk was about to say was cut off by a loud clang. They both rushed to the end of the hallway. Once there, they found themselves in a maze. Three doors stood before them.

"We have to split up." Frisk breathed. Somehow, she knew what was happening.

"What?"

"We have to split up! Once we enter a door, we'll be faced with either a puzzle or question we have to solve. Once finished, we'll end up here. That means we can finish the last puzzle together. Okay?"

Undyne processed all of it before nodded. "Let's go." She rushed to the door on the right while Frisk took the door to the left.

As soon as Frisk opened the door, everything went black. She then was placed on a single pedestal, an abyss that seemed to go on forever below her. On a nearby wall stood a door. A voice rang out in the air.

"You are given two minutes and a rope to figure this puzzle out. At the end, this platform will be terminated."

Frisk knew what to do right away. She didn't have as much upper body strength as Undyne, but her life was on the line.

She knew that this was all part of Mettaton's show. She just didn't know why.

Creating a lasso with the rope, Frisk threw it at the doorknob time after time. She couldn't seem to get it until there was only 20 seconds left.