MCU - Tony/OC

An MCU Fanfiction

***

Summary

Post 'House Party,' Tony said he was done. But it's not so easy to turn off, and that proved too much for Pepper. So what does Tony do? Falls back on his own ways: sarcasm, philandering and Iron Man. Enter one Briana Ainsley; pizza waitress and so not interested. Besides, what could she possibly offer him anyway besides forbidden pizza...and a friend? TS/OC

***

OC's name subject to change, but it's fairly certain at this point in time. This has been in my head for quite a while. We'll see how long before I can get anything substantial written. However, Briana is now officially integrated into the same story-verse as The Ghost, Haven, and my Loki/OC story. She's even made her first appearance. ;) But her story itself is still in the very early stages, really; lots of scenes in my head, and a generally complete idea of where it's going. I'm pretty sure I have it worked out how she's gonna fit into AoU and CW, though, so it's most definitely promising, so far.

Not to mention, with the ongoing development of Meg's story arcs, I'm starting to debate just how much of a role Pepper's going to play, so that aspect may shift or even disappear as well.....at the very least, I rather anticipate at this point that she's ultimately going to fade out as Meg and Briana's stories progress. 

Companion Story to Haven, The Ghost and my other upcoming MCU fics.

***

Excerpt

"I repeat," she said deliberately, enunciating carefully, ignoring the amused glint in his eyes when he glanced at her, "you cost me my job."

"Dime-a-dozen," he countered flippantly, hands casually in his pockets as he surveyed the room as though it's contents were mildly intriguing, periodically poking at one thing or another in bored interest. Briana's jaw nearly dropped as she stared at him incredulously.

"Dime-a--it's not quite that simple, Stark!" she blurted out, still stunned. But as he snuck another glance at her, Briana's eyes narrowed at the hint of a smirk on his face. He was teasing her! Her nose wrinkled disapprovingly. "Have you ever even had a real job? And if you say 'Iron Man,' I'm calling security," she cut him off right as he turned to her, his mouth already opening to answer her. He smiled widely, obviously enjoying himself immensely. She fought back a glimmer of her own enjoyment at the bickering.

"It really is, though," he pointed out in that irritatingly 'know-it-all' manner of his that she was beginning to realize was characteristic. She scoffed.

"Do you get paid for it?"

"No." He dismissed her objection with an absent gesture. "But that doesn't mean it isn't a job." She huffed irritably; he wasn't wrong. But then his expression turned serious.

"Please, Bri?" He sounded so sincere, so plaintive. She was astonishingly close to budging because of it. "Please?"

"Briana," she cut in automatically, not caring how annoyed she sounded...even if she didn't actually feel as annoyed as she sounded. Tony blinked, looking faintly bewildered.

"What?"

"Briana. I don't like 'Bri.'" The bewilderment faded, and a curious glint appeared in his eyes even as he pressed on.

"Okay -- Briana. Please? Consider it?"

She was going to regret this, wasn't she...