Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire - Rhaegar/Elia/Lyanna

A Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire Fanfiction

***

Summary

It was at Harrenhall, all of Westeros said, that the seeds had been sown for all that was to come. It was at Harrenhall where the Dragon Prince had crowned Winterfell's daughter the Queen of Love and Beauty, slighting his Dornish Princess and shocking the kingdom.

That it was at Harrenhall where Lyanna Stark caught the eye of Rhaegar Targaryen

But what the kingdom did not know, was that it was at Harrenhall where Lyanna Stark met Elia Martell.

That it was at Elia's behest that Rhaegar offered the crown of winter roses to Lyanna.

And that it was at Elia's word that Lyanna ran. 

***

This one may be another One-Shot, or it may evolve into an AU. I don't know. We'll see how it goes once I get it written. 

Regardless, it will be centre on Lyanna, Rhaegar and Elia....with the slight twist that it wasn't just Rhaegar Lyanna fell in love with and ran away to be with, but Elia as well. After all, just because canon says she was fragile and sweet doesn't mean she wasn't a daughter of Dorne, through and through. 

***

Excerpt

The landscape trundled by, grey-green hills and unremarkable villages made of unremarkable wattle and daub structures passing by at a pace that made her want to tear our her hair and scream.

How she longed to be on her lively palfrey, flying by the sights dragging past the slatted window of the Wheelhouse the quick-footed creature.

But instead, she was secreted away, hidden amid plush cushions and rich hangings, breathing in the stifled air and feeling a tense buzz growing more persistent in her limbs from sitting idle for so long.

But she couldn't complain. She kept her mouth stubbornly shut even if she couldn't hide the scowling moue that twisted her lips or the irritable way her fingers knotted and tugged at first the fabric of her skirts then the cushion in her lap then the hanging flapping against her arm. She had chosen this after all.

Or rather, she had accepted the offer as it was given.