Middle Earth - Daughter of Arnor

A Middle Earth Fanfiction

***

Summary

tbw

***

So this one is very, very tentative. Mostly because I do genuinely like Aragorn's canon pairing with Arwen but I also kind of want this story to be part of my 'Daughters' story-verse. 

So we'll see. So far the idea is that the OC is going to be one of the Dúnedain (allowing for the possible title Daughter of Arnor, if I do go ahead and connect it to my 'Daughters'  story-verse). Beyond that it's pretty rough... It all depends on what I ultimately decide to do about Arwen... :/ 

Let's just say it's not looking good for her... :S 

But, it would pave the way for a 'learning to love again' love story between Aragorn and this new OC.....

We'll see. It may even become a stand-alone story. I do also have some tentative ideas for a pre-War of the Ring bit of romance, though admittedly, I do also have some ideas for integrating that into a 'Daughters' story where Aragorn marries Arwen....a bit of a pre-Arwen young love and lingering feelings that only grow much later after loss and so on...

Like I said. We'll see.

07/08/20 Update: So I think this one is going to happen. As you may have seen in other entries for this series, in working on my plans for this story, my Boromir/OC and my Legolas/OC stories, so too have the plans for this one been developed. What are those plans, you ask? 

Well, for more details on the Aragorn/Arwen side of it, I've gone over it briefly in the ramblings over on the Daughter of Rivendell entry, but tl;dr is that shortly after delivering their second - and to their surprise, elven - child, Arwen does pass away, naturally leaving Aragorn heartbroken.

As for where our OC will fit? Well you see, a couple years after Arwen's death Aragorn will receive word from his Dunedain clansmen that some of the orcs and other unsavouries that survived Sauron's fall are encroaching on the Shire. So naturally, Aragorn will want to deal with it himself and in doing so, will reunite with his childhood sweetheart, now a leader among the Dunedain in her own right. And off the story will go from there! 

There are still some issues for me to iron out, of course - one of the main ones being reconciling Timeline, since I do like the canon idea of Arwen giving the Evenstar (an unnamed jewel in the Legendarium) to Frodo before he returns to the Shire and the subsequent idea I had in my original conception of this story where Frodo returned it to Arwen before sailing who then gave it to 'Isanriel'. Of course, this is semi-problematic given that, as my timeline stands now, Frodo and Co. sail West two years before our OC is born.....so yeah. Still some work to do.

But it's going to happen, and that's the main thing! 

Stay tuned!

***

Sneak Peek

Since there's still a lot to work out, nothing yet, my lovelies.