X-Men - Charles Xavier/OC

An X-men Fanfiction

***

Summary

Still working on it. ;) 

***

My brain just doesn't know when to quit, it seems. 

The idea for the Quicksilver/OC story hit and I indulged in it, hoping I could get the immediate urge out of my system, right? Well, it sort of worked? But in the meantime, it seems my brain and my imagination have conspired against me....

It now wants to create an entire X-Verse series..... *facepalm*

This one will be - you guessed it - a Charles/OC fic.

Unsure of a whole lot of details, so far, but I know a bit. Unfortunately, most are technically spoilers so far. What I will share? Her name will likely be Erin, her ability will definitely involve force fields and there will probably be some surrogate family vibes between her, Charles and Jean just because. Oh, and some fun fluff and Awkward!Charles when Moira pops back into the story for Apocalypse. *snicker*

Will probably be post-70s-Days of Future Past to the end of Dark Phoenix. 

***

Excerpt

"Remind me again why we're here?" Hank asked, frowning as he looked around the empty halls of the High School. Charles withheld an indulgent smile. He didn't have to be psychic to pick up that Hank was rather unwillingly revisiting his own high school experiences as he glanced around the stock lockered corridor. Unpleasant memories, judging by his body language alone, if Charles were to make an educated guess.

But he said nothing, knowing Hank well enough that to draw attention to his remembered discomfort would only make it worse.

"Recruiting," Charles repeated patiently. "Not only do I suspect there's a potential new student that could benefit from coming to the Mansion here, but if Dorothea's right, one of the teachers might be a good fit as well to come on as one of our teaching staff." Hank's frown shifted, his thinned lips relaxing from a pursed moue of discomfort to a drawn, questioning line.

"Theia's suggestion?" Charles nodded in response, straightening slightly and increasing his pace as he took note of the door opening up ahead, indicating that they were right on time. Hank lengthened his stride easily to keep up.

"Old classmate," Charles explained absently. "They both went to Brown—different programs, of course, but they...bonded over their shared differences." This time it was Hank nodding his understanding. Charles didn't need to elaborate. His meaning was clear.

This teacher was a mutant too.

It made for a perfect candidate, really.

"They kept in touch," Charles continued, smiling at a trio of students as they passed, the three youngsters eager to head home almost to the point of ignoring the gesture, "and have recently been discussing a student of this friend's who's showing signs of not just being gifted, but...impressively so." Once more, Charles' oblique implication was too pointed to be ignored. The child Theia and this friend had been discussing had the potential to be particularly powerful, and thus exactly the kind of student who would benefit most from Charles' school.

The last student darted out of the classroom, nearly tripping over Charles' chair. A brief murmured apology and the boy was skirting around the two Mutants and following his classmates down the hall. Charles smiled indulgently. He'd always found a degree of joy in youthful high spirits.

Not to mention, it was nice to see them in a child who, like them, would bear the weight of a world that was still struggling to accept them.

Beside him, Hank blinked, watching the boy as he skidded around a corner down the hall. "Was he—" he started with a frown as he followed Charles into the classroom. Charles looked over his shoulder at his friend, the corner of his lip quirking. He wasn't surprised Hank had noticed the peculiar speckling down the boy's arms; easy enough to explain away as mere freckles or even a birthmark, but to those who knew better...

"Yes," Charles answered patiently even as another, more suspicious voice echoed the confirmation. Charles faltered as he looked around to get his first good look at Dorothea's friend.

She was...frowning warily at the pair of them.

Straightening from her task of starting to gather up the chairs circling the centre of the room, she absently brushed dust from the front of her dove-grey vest and matching trousers before brushing back an errant strand of her long, dark—and faintly iridescent—hair.

Charles nearly jerked as Hank shifted behind him. Realizing he'd been staring, he discreetly cleared his throat and wheeled himself further into the room.

"Professor Charles Xavier," he offered as he drew close, extending his hand with a smile. At once her expression cleared, her eyes widening faintly with surprise and recognition. After a moment, she took it in a brief shake. "And my associate," he continued with a nod over his shoulder toward Hank, "Dr Hank McCoy."

"I—Dorothea told me about you," she said almost apologetically. Releasing his hand to shake Hank's briefly, she gestured off after her departed students. "Sorry, it's just...we try to keep it quiet that this group's actually for, well—"

"People like us," Charles said with a faint, understanding smile. A smile of her own curling her lips, she nodded.

"Exactly," she agreed softly.