MCU - Thor/OC

An MCU Fanfiction

***

Summary

Don't have one yet. Sorry. I kind of need a wider story first ;) lol!

***

This one just hit me...I have no idea what will come of it or if it will even be a part of my Ladies of Marvel Series (or if it'll even get written at all...) but the gist so far is a team of scientists, including the main OC, Corie (short for Cordelia, I'm thinking), stumble across one of the 'Portals' Loki liked using to bounce around the Galaxy without the Bifrost and find themselves in Asgard. That's it. That's all I've got so far. Make of it what you will...I know I can't make much of it yet... :P

And now with Thor: Ragnarok making a spectacular impact on the development of the MCU....I honestly have no idea where this one will fit, just now. I'll probably have to start writing it to decide on that. See where the story takes me, you know? But part of me is hinting 'pair her with Thor' even though another part of me is like 'no!' or 'how about Fandral?'...and that same part is also starting to hint that it might be interesting to make her the daughter of a defected valkyrie..... *facepalm* 

We'll see.

May or may not end up being a Companion Story to Haven, The Ghost and my other upcoming MCU fics.

04/10/20 Update: Yeah...her mom's totally going to be a defected valkyrie - probably named Sigrun, with her 'Earth name' still tbd - a valkyrie who, after the Snap, makes her way to New Asgard and finds herself reuniting with an old, long believed dead 'friend'.... *wink*wink*nudge*nudge* Three guesses who..... *cough*Valkyrie*cough* 

Oh, and the pairing is pretty much definitely going to be Thor....and it's looking good to being integrated into my main MCU series. ;)

***

"But until our prince returns to take the throne, Odin Allfather - "

"Oh my God!" All eyes turned to Corie as the words burst from her mouth. Her own eyes wide as the pieces clicked into place, she was on her feet in an instant. Scrambling from her seat she wove through the clusters of people until she found the main gathering of her research team. The old man looked affronted where he stood near the centre of the gathering. But more of his people simply looked confused and curious, just as her own companions did.

"Corie, what are you - " Aiden started, but she cut him off with an anxious wave of her hands, gulping down air so she could speak.

"Odin," she blurted again, looking expectantly around the circle of her teammates. Only frowns and blank stares looked back at her. A frustrated sound escaped as she grasped for a different tack, one she knew they'd understand.

"I think I know where we are." A couple more of the research team stood, their faces switching from confusion to interest, though understanding was still missing. "Odin," she started again, her voice starting to reach almost shrill levels in her anxious frustration. "No?! Don't any of you know any Norse Mythology?" She groaned at the shaking heads and even sheepish expressions. Really? did none of them pay attention to the news after aliens appeared in New York? "Odin? King of the Norse Gods? Father of Thor?!"

 That was it. She beamed as understanding began to light on some of her colleague's faces. Of course they'd know that name. They didn't live that far under rocks...not all of them, at least. A few faces still looked confused. Their hosts still looked utterly baffled at what was going on, still watching the exchange with fascination. Though the mention of Thor's name earned a few surprised murmurs. Corie's gaze leapt around the range of confused and understanding faces of her team. She nearly shrieked in frustration at how obtuse some of her companions were, an exasperated sound managing to make it past her lips.

"Thor," she enunciated slowly as thought she was talking to a child, her voice still raised. "Big guy. Ridiculously hot. Battle of New York!" A gasp of understanding sounded from one of her companions, but Corie was on a roll. "Part of the Avengers. Carries a big bloody hammer!" Her entire team was on their feet now, each looking to her and to each other with astonishment as what she was implying began to sink in before, one by one, they turned to gaze up at the huge walls they were camped below. Corie's voice finally began to calm, though her heart was still hammering from fear and exhilaration. The team turned back to her as she spoke again.

"Guys, we're in Asgard."