Middle Earth - Daughter of Rivendell

A Lord of the Rings Fanfiction

***

Summary

The eldest child of Aragorn and Arwen, Isanriel was different from her siblings in that she seemed to have inherited her mother's waning elf-nature. But when an unexpected betrothal and a chaotic uprising threaten everything, she has to turn to the one Elf she is drawn to the most. Legolas/OC

***

The title used to be Bound Souls, Hidden Hearts, but that is definitely changing. I hate it.... and since it will (most likely) be part of my existing Daughters of Middle Earth series, it will likely become Daughter(s) of Gondor. (hence the entry title.... ;D)

Okay, here's the deal: I started this one when I was in High School...and upon rereading it, it shows. This one is in need of a MAJOR rewrite, because it's kind of terrible right now. Sadly, that means it's likely going to be a while before it's done and up here. I'm not even 100% sure it will stay in its current incarnation at all! Meaning it may get totally reworked. As in, Isan will definitely no longer be called 'Isanriel' and she may no longer even be Aragorn's daughter....among other changes. But that's all up in the air, right now. I also need a less, err, goofy plot. So yeah.

BUT, on a more positive note, it is officially going to be linked to my already published LotR fics (and thus, part of my Daughters of Middle Earth series), with cameos from Aeslin and her family and probably Hilde and hers and Thyra's family too! :) VERY tentative titles and names

07/08/20 Update: As mentioned already in the update on my Boromir/OC entry, over the course of muddling through and finalizing plot ideas for that story, my Aragorn/OC one and this one, a few changes are in order, particularly where it comes to titles. The Boromir/OC story will be taking on the Daughter of Gondor option, while this one will become Daughter of Rivendell

How does this make sense, you ask? Well without giving  too too much away, Our OC in this fic will be the second child of Aragorn and Arwen and, as - presumably - happened with Dior (the son of Beren and Luthien and maternal grandfather to Elrond) despite having a mortal father and elven mother who chose mortality to be with her chosen spouse, our OC will be born elven as her mother, uncles and maternal grandfather and other predecessors were (and thus Half-elven, as it were). And though it kills me to do it, since I do love Aragorn and Arwen together, Arwen unfortunately will not survive long after our OC's birth. So what will Rivendell-raised Aragorn do with the elven daughter he shares with the late daughter of Rivendell's Lord? 

Why, send her to Rivendell, of course. ;)

08/19/21 Update: Because it's most relevant to include here given that it involves Legolas most of all...I may be reconsidering a couple of my LotR pairings..........namely Legolas, Elladan and the daughter I have planned for Aragorn....

...because the more I think about it, the weirder I find my initial plan to pair Legolas with Aragorn's daughter.....and the more I like the idea of pairing Legolas with a Lorien elf.....which means a different Middle Earth Daughter will be needed for Elladan......perhaps of Lindon and finding her way to Rivendell with my Mithlond Daughter? Or perhaps both from Lorien, with one more specifically being from Caras Galadhon? 

So many things to consider.....

***

As it is going to be almost wholly rewritten, I do not have an adequate excerpt to share.