MCU - Bruce/OC

An MCU Fanfiction

***

Summary

Before Betty, there was Irina. A scientist like Bruce, they grew close while she was in the States for college. But she had to go home to Russia, and it ended. But then the accident happened, and Bruce was suddenly on the run, and he ran to her for help. But he couldn't stay, and it ended before it could truly start again. But when someone decides to look into his past for leverage? It means trouble for Irina. Bruce/OC

***

We'll see if this one makes it off the ground. I actually have a basic plot, but little in the way of details. Lots of decisions yet to make, but the basics are there. The biggest remaining question remaining...to integrate with my other stories or not...I weirdly kind of like Natasha/Bruce, you know...recently I've been growing rather fond of Natasha/Sam. No idea why. It just sort of happened. So Natasha/Bruce may end up being a failed attempt, paving the way for my Bruce/Irina story to possibly, maybe work. Who knows. We'll see. 

Or.....thanks to Thor:Ragnarok...this might just be off on its own, disregarding the events of T:R unless I can reconcile Bruce/Hulk's trip to Sakaar with my plan for him to go to Russia after Sokovia....

(Maybe, though it seems unlikely at this point in time) a Companion Story to Haven, The Ghost and my other upcoming MCU fics.

***

Excerpt

Irina.

Bruce froze. Irina.

A wealth of memories were tied to that name. 

She'd been a long time ago. Before Betty, or rather, when he and Betty had just been good friends. Before anything had developed between him and Betty.

It had been a long time since he'd heard that name. And boy, didn't it take him back. To days before Hulk, before Ross, to Harvard. Back before things were complicated. 

To days of all-nighters and study-sessions. To clinical experiments the three of them had signed up for to make some extra cash. To days of bad food and little sleep as money ran low and essays and papers piled up. To long days of research in Labs and Libraries and Hospitals. 

To last minute cramming before exams to the day spent in bed when those exams were mercifully over and they were allowed to breathe again for however short a time. To brief moments of intimacy between endless classes and tutorials and practicals. 

To the odd, stolen moments of fooling around in the furthest, dustiest corners of the stacks.

To that first, awkward encounter that had still managed to make one hell of a memory.

Wow...he physically shook his head to clear away that batch of memories. That had gotten inappropriate real quick.

It had only ended because she'd had to go back to Russia.

The next time he'd seen her? The last time? He'd been running from Ross.

And he'd no longer had a real future.