Harry Potter - Melaina Prince (OC)

A Harry Potter Fanfiction

***

Summary

Melaina Prince is the last direct heir to the Prince family, a family that has dark allegiances. Growing up with only the support and affections of her cousin Severus and Uncle Lucius, she is surprised to find an ally in a Weasley, especially with the outbreak of the Second Wizarding War. Old prejudices are challenged at every turn...on both sides.

***

I have characters and a general plot in my head!! Sort of. I'm still hemming and hawing over the pairing being Fred/OC later Bill Weasley/OC (the front-runner) or Fred/OC later George/OC or just George/OC.... A great deal subject to change!! Save names and the basic, bare-bones of the story. 

She is staying Melaina Prince... and she is staying Snape's cousin and Lucius's niece...though Sirius and a Black connection are trying to work its way in there...and a Dolohov link? Maybe a little brother or sister, a side pairing of Fremione...My brain is stupid...

***

Excerpt

"A gift, my dear Miss Prince." His voice was nearly gentle, save for the cruel satisfaction in it. It cut through the miasma of her pain like a knife. Melaina opened her eyes only to be rewarded with a steady, agonizing throbbing behind them, but it was nothing compared to the searing, lancing pain on her left forearm. Tears leaked from beneath her eyelids as understanding crashed in on her.

He'd brought her to be marked. Her own father, Quenton Prince, the scion of one of the oldest and noblest Pureblood families in the wizarding world, had blithely handed her over to the Dark Lord. She had feared, suspected and tried to discount the notion that her father was a Death Eater. Now she couldn't ignore the reality. She opened her eyes again, tentatively moving in order to look around, forcibly ignoring the way her whole body ached.

Yes, bowed, nearly cowering behind He-Who-Must-Not-be-Named, was her father, looking up at the Dark Lord with eager anticipation, like a puppy begging for a reward. Melaina fought to keep from retching as the pain behind her eyes flared and the burning on her arm crept across of her skin. Her only remaining family member sold her out...well, no. She still had one who cared for her...

But it was then that she caught sight of her cousin standing not far from her father, nearly hidden in the shadows near the fireplace, watching the scene before him impassively. She saw nothing in Severus' dark gaze as he looked down on her. Her eyes prickled and her stomach heaved, the sour taste of bile rising quickly in her throat. She couldn't fight it this time.

As her retching faded to dry heaves, she heard the Dark Lord tsking in mock disappointment.

"You do not appreciate my gift?" He raised his wand in a long-fingered hand, a manic glint in his slit-pupiled eyes, "how disrespectful of you. Perhaps a lesson in manners...Crucio!"

Melaina screamed.