Romance - Tweet

An Original Work

***

Summary

The last thing she expected was for him to answer her joking tweet to marry her. He was so famous, after all and she was...well, a nobody.

But it lead to PMs and chats and, much to her astonishment, so much more.

Now, if only people—especially his family and hers—would believe she actually liked him for him.

***

So another random thought that morphed its way into a plunny that refuses to leave me be. 

Typical, I know.

Helped on, of course, by the image of the main love interest looking suspiciously like Chris Evans in my head.... *facepalm* 

***

Excerpt

Out in by the sink, he laughed. "You're really worked up about this, aren't you. It's just my family, babe." She huffed, working in her shampoo with perhaps a little more force than was strictly necessary.

"I haven't exactly done it before," she snipped defensively back. He didn't respond at first, but after a moment he sighed softly. Another moment and a waft of cool air brushed over her side as he drew back the shower curtain just enough to peer in. She hugged herself against the draft, not quite able to meet his eye.

"I know," he said softly. She looked to him out of the corner of her eye. He was watching her solemnly. Apologetically. "You're gonna do fine, you know." She finally looked up to meet his eye. He meant it, and that meant a lot. But it didn't wholly banish the tight cluster of nerves that had taken up residence in her chest.