Chapter 39: You're safe

Natsu's POV:
Gray kept blowing up my phone repeatedly I finally got fed up and answered the call. I was about to ask him what the heck he wanted when I'm cut off by a voice that wasn't his.

"H-Hey guys I think he picked up! N-Natsu? Are you there?"

I just stood their holding my phone to my ear speechless. "Hello? Natsu? You th--L-Luce?" I stuttered cutting her off.

"Yes, yes Natsu its me" She replied, making me breath a loud sigh of relief.

"Oh Luce" I breathed, feeling tears of joy stream down my face.

"Natsu, I'm so s--You're at the chapel right?" I asked the most obvious question.

"Y-Y..." The moment I heard the "y" sound come from her that's all I needed to know.

I started sprinting back towards the cathedral.

"Natsu? Hey, are you still there? Natsu?" She says still on the phone. I said nothing all I did was tightly clenched my fists as I continued my sprint to the cathedral.

Lucy's POV:
"Hello? Natsu? Hey, are you still----" I'm interrupted by the doors of the cathedral flying open. I look over to see the man soon to be my husband if he still wants me after what I did.

"Natsu" I said in a mere whisper.

He just stood there staring at me in disbelief. I quietly gulped at his stare. "Natsu.." I said again, only this time it's a little louder than the first.

He still didn't move. "Oi, Flamebrain don't you hea--" I heard Gray say from behind me, however I loud slap cuts him off.

Looking through my peripheral vision I saw what caused the loud slap sound. Erza had slapped her hand onto his mouth. On her face she wore an expression that read shut up and let them talk.

Gray got the message and simply nodded his head.

I turn my full attention back to Natsu noticing he still had yet to move. I take a deep breath, then slowly let it out.

"Alright, guess I'll have to make the first move," I said to myself hesitantly taking a step forward.

"Na--Kyaaahh!" I squelched feeling muscular arms wrap around my body.

"L-Luce you're okay. Thank Goodness. I was worried" Natsu said, sobbing into my shoulder.

The ping of guilt grew inside me seeing Natsu in such a depressing state.

"This is all my fault. I..I'm so sor---" The feel of warm lips on mine immediately shuts me up.