Chapter 40: Recognizing Love

"Come on Lucy!"
"Yeah, we need to get you all ready and dolled up soon to be Mrs. Dragneel!" The girls exclaimed with glee all except one who had a stern expression on her face catching the attention of a certain white haired female. "What's the matter, Erza?" Mira asked concerned. Erza ignored Mira's question stomping over to Natsu. Natsu quietly gulped seeing Erza walking his way. Her red bangs overshadowed her eyes as she made her way towards him.

Shivers ran down Natsu's back as she drew ever so closer. "I-Is there a problem Er-- Guh!" Natsu grunted as Erza held him up by the collar of his tux.

"ERZA!" Everyone yelled in shock and fear for Natsu.

"Erza put him down, please!" Lucy begged with tears in the corner of her chocolate brown eyes.

"Erza don't do anything rash" Jellal calmly said.

"All of you be quiet! Erza snapped. You all may have forgotten why we were late in the first place, but I haven't!" Erza growled glaring daggers at Natsu.

"Natsu's not going to get off that easy after what he said to Lucy not on my watch!" Erza declared keeping her dark eyes on Natsu.

"Erza..." Lucy whispered softly.

"You're like a little sister to me Lucy and seeing you in such a state didn't sit that well with me." Erza sneered tightening her grip on Natsu.

Surprisingly Natsu didn't flinch sure he was afraid, but he refused to show that he knew that Erza was right in his mind, he couldn't believe Lucy still wanted to marry him after what he had said to her.

Natsu was ashamed of himself for causing his beloved such pain. He didn't care if Erza beat him to a pulp. "I deserve to be mangled by Erza" He thought to himself.

"Do you have anything to say for yourself Natsu?! I know you spoke your peace a little while earlier, but I'm still very peeved at you." Erza admitted.

"You and everyone else has every right to be I suppose. I hurt Lucy with my words that probably felt like a knife stabbing her" Natsu said with guilt.

"Natsu. I already said I forgive you. So there's no need to keep stressing about that" Lucy said reassuringly.

"I know, Luce, but it still bothers me. However, maybe it happened for a reason."

"What do you mean?" Lucy asked, wondering where Natsu was going with this.

"Maybe it was meant for us to have that fight to show that we truly belong to each other."

Everyone gave Natsu a look including the pastor.

Natsu ignored their strange stares and continued what he was saying. "It takes a lot to love someone. To truly love someone.

"Quit beating around the bush and just say what you're trying to say or do you even know what you're trying to say?" Gray scoffed getting impatient.

Natsu didn't pay any attention to Gray he simply continued speaking

"Lucy even though I made a mistake you still love me. I made you cry something I regret dearly and wish I could take back."