Six: Notice Me

Superboy and I dropped on to the floor, and I knew it would not be cold, because I knew it was magic. Of course I believed in magic, having been with Witch Boy before.

"This platform...it should be red hot," Kaldur said, inspecting the floor quizzically. "But it is cool to the touch.'

"Aqualad...didn't you study mystics? The lava wasn't real, just an illusion," I smiled, kneeling down and touching the floor as well.

"I did. It just felt too real."

Well he was right about that, but the feeling of it was an illusion as well, since both he and M'gann seem fine now despite being held over lava with their physiology.

I said this, and Wally took my words in before putting his arm around Miss Martian. "Don't worry Megalicious, I got ya'," he smiled in an attempt to flirt. I thought it looked funny since he's sort of...small.

"Enough!" Artemis barged between them and began pushing Wally backwards forcefully. I made a mental note to draw that later, because it looked pretty cute, very protective of Artemis.

"Your little 'impress Megan at all costs' game nearly got us all barbecued!" I had to glare at Wally as well, because it was true. I caught Superboy's gaze, and he frowned at me.

He definitely heard my chant...

Everyone started arguing apart from SB, who was silent, and Kaldur and I still investigated the floor. I leaned down and pressed my cheek against it, half listening to Wally admit he didn't believe and that magic was a lie, and half inspecting the coolness I received.

I was not feeling any mystic force from the floor, so there was nothing keeping it cool. There must have been a literal cold source underneath.

Kaldur opened it, and snow flew out and hit me in the face. I fell backwards and did a roll.

Wally laughed at me, but I laughed to, because it was funny. Still slightly uncoordinated, I landed and then stumbled on the snow. Kaldur caught me though, lucky enough.

The others continued to argue, whereas I bent down to inspect the snow. I took a handful and then sifted through it. It's cold, but it doesn't feel as cold as it should be.

"A snowstorm without the cold," I said curiously, throwing what was in my hand, only to have it fly back and hit me due to the direction of the wind. What is wrong with me today?

I felt a magic surge, and turned to see an old mans...Kent's walking stick floating and glowing at the same time. Artemis reached out to touch it, and Wally sped to it and grabbed it.

"I got it!" They said in unison. 

"I can't let go!" I reached out to them to help, but before I could they flew up into a new doorway screaming, before it disappeared along with them.

"Look! A door!" I pointed to it and began walking there with the others, and I stayed close to Kaldur.

"I know you noticed it, so tell me, why do you think there is no cold?" He asked as we got closer to the door. There were many ways I could answer. Some defensive and some true, some easy and some complicated.

"Magic?" I questioned as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. We reached the door and opened it. I went to step forward, before Aqualad grabbed my jacket.

"Probably not the besy ide-"

I felt a force of magic yank my through the doorway along with M'gann, Aqualad and Superboy. I exptected to land alongside them, but managed to take control of my flight.

M'gann and I landed softly beside Aqualad and Superboy. 

"Friends of yours?" Kent Nelson questioned. I grinned at Artemis, before I sensed a familiar presence. I jumped out of the way as a purple stream of light flashed by.

Panicking, I looked up to see Abra Cadabra, Faery and most importantly; Klarion.