Fifty Four: Fighting My Mentors

The only teleportation spell I ever learned was the one that would send me to the Witch world. Orion had been with the team when they left with Tornado and Canary.

I was left alone with three mind-controlled heroes who could flatten me before I could blink.

“Star?” M’gann’s voice came into my com.

“Miss Martian?” I whispered back.

“Why are you whispering? Are you still at the cave?” Wally asked. 

“Yes. Icon, Cap and Fate are in the cave too. I’m still in the med-lab,” I replied. My hand reached up and flicked all of the lights in the room off in an attempt to not attract attention.

“Zatanna? Do you know the spell for portals?” I whispered.

“N-No, I’m sorry. Wizards can’t create portals…I think. That’s a Witch thing. But you’re a Witch, right?” She asked.

“Midnight is. Witch Boy never fully taught me how. Didn’t want me running off I guess…but I could always try. I remember him mentioning something about it.”

“It may be your only way out,” Robin’s voice said. I crept over to the side of one of the beds, incase someone looks through the window.

“Also. I think I have found the correct means to create a counter bio-tech,” I whispered.

“How?”

“All we need is-“ I stopped mid-sentence as Cap’s face appears in the door window, blocking out the hall light.

“Oh my Disney,” I whispered into the com.

“What is it? Who is it?” Someone question.

“Marvel,” was my only answer, before planting my hands on the ground. I tried to imagine sitting in the meadow with Klarion whilst he taught me things.

“Star? Star!” Someone called out. I wouldn’t dare speak, watching Cap’s eyes dart around.

Imagine the shape of the portal Hana. What colour is it? How big is it? Where is it going?

A star. It’s green and blue. It’s going to the hangar. To the Denominator. I picture it, pushing mana into the floor. The hangar. 

The door suddenly flew across the room and hit the far wall, revealing Fate and Marvel standing there. I screamed, knowing I was going to die if I did not get out of here fast enough.

Thank Walt Disney that a giant Star portal opened beneath me. I dropped into it right as lightening crackled the wall behind me.

When the Star opened back up, I was at the door of the Denominator. I ripped the door open, hearing a strange sound to my left. Automatically a shield went up around me, deflecting an energy beam from Icon.