Twenty Nine: Saving The Princess

HEY GUYS! 

So that's me on the side with my Green Lantern Ring.

Shh, don't tell anybody ;)

This one is longer than normal since I have a plan now. Enjoy!

~

"Her name is Princess Villelda. She is the Princess of Ageratia. Yesterday, she was kidnapped by this man."

I was on Oa again, in my ES get-up with Orion at my side. The Guardians surrounded me, the large screen alight with the face of the Princess of Agaratia and her captor.

"He is a bounty hunter from the Planet Goframeen. A ransom has not been released yet, but we are expecting one within the hour. You will need to visit the King and Queen of Agaratia to find out any information on their daughter. Shiloh, time is of the essence."

I nodded and was dismissed. When I got to the foyer, I heard a voice call my name. I turned around. It was the voice of the second vice head of the Guardians.

"Yes sir?"

"Garn'zee left you a gift." Garn'zee, the old Laurel Destiny's real name.

I looked confused, before he chucked me a set of earth keys casually. That's what I liked about this Guardian. He was very...chilled.

"A gift, sir?"

"It's in the west hangar, bay 309. I believe you know it well. Now child, give me your arm." Confused, I held my injured arm out to him. He tapped it and the cast broke in half.

A yellow-green light glowed from him palms. It fed itself into my arm. At first it was warm and comforting.

Then it felt like my hand was being broken all over again. I kept shouting in my head 'Don't scream!' to prevent myself from looking weak.

When I was about to pass out from the pain, the warm feeling returned. The pain faded with the light. When I moved my wrist, it didn't hurt anymore!

"Thank you sir!" I smiled, bowing. He nodded to me and left.

Passing a couple of Lanterns who gave me their condolences, I made my way to the west hangar. Oa was big, but I got there within half an hour.

The hangar keeper greeted me and directed me to bay 309. I walked past hundreds of IA ships and confiscated war vessels.

(Authors note: Anyone watch the actual show Green Lantern? IA is Hal's ship! xD)

When I got to bay 309 my assumption was confirmed. Des' own ship was parked there in its Earth form- an old mustard coloured chevy.