Twenty Seven: Fired Up

“You should be fine,” Black Canary said. I grinned at me.

“I know, I’m-“

“The medical one, exactly,” she smiled.

My hand and arm now remained in a cast, not that I minded. It took a while but I managed to move my ring to the other hand.

I walked back to the mission room where the team had reassembled. It opened up to the lounge for a moment. M'gann came over to me, worried, but I assured her that I was fine.

I sat at the table with the group.

“What we want are answers! Where are Red Tornado and his siblings?” Robin yelled at Green Arrow. The three reds had left before they could be confronted by the league.

Orion climbed across me in cat form and curled up in a ball. That must have been traumatic for him.

“You knew!?” Conner suddenly yelled. We watched as he grabbed Kaldur and shoved him. He yelled a bunch of stuff then at Aqualad.

“Superboy!” I yelled, jumping up as he reared his fist.

“Conner! What are you doing?” Miss M approached carefully.

“Kaldur knew we had a traitor among us and said nothing!” Conner yelled. Was that all?

Clearly the rest of the team disagreed with me. They stepped forward and began verbally tearing Kaldur apart.

“Enough,” Batman silence their bickering with a word.

“With Red Tornado…missing…the team will now be overseen by rotating supervisors. Captain Marvel had volunteered to take the first shift.”

“I’m really looking forward to hanging with you guys,” he grinned. He talks like a ten year old. It’s adorable.

I grinned at him but the team remained suspicious. “Awesome,” I spoke up, putting my arm out for Orion to land on in bat form.

The team gave me weird looks, but I ignored them and smiled at cap, who grinned back. He wasn’t so bad, see?

Conner suddenly turned to Kaldur threateningly. “After I dismantle Red Tornado, you and I are gonna-“

“Red Tornado is a member of the justice league. That makes him a League responsibility. You will leave it to us.” Batman stated and death glared us, leaving everyone on edge.

Everyone but me.

“Anyone want tea? I’m going to make some tea,” I yawned, stretching my arms out as Orion changed to python form and stretched around my neck.