Forty Five: Realisation

Hana had been crying on the floor for ten minutes. M’gann had kneeled beside her on the left, Zatanna on the right. Both held her as she sobbed.

Wally and Artemis sat in front of her, saying comforting things that had no effect. Kaldur kneeled behind her, a hand on her back. But nothing could console Hana.

“I-I should have just t-told him!” She cried. “I should h-have told on all of you on the f-first day!”

A minute later, M’gann suggested that she get some rest. It was Conner’s turn to be caring. After all, he had seen Hana as a little sister now.

The teens moved as Superboy reached down and lifted Hana up. He carried her to her room.

“He loves you Hana,” he said quietly. “He loves you. He’ll come ‘round. You’ll see.”

~

I ended up crying myself to sleep. Orion came over to me and curled up. I stroked his fur softly, when there was a knock at my door.

“Who is it?” I asked.

“Batman.”

I peeked threw the door. It was Batman. I let him in.

He didn’t say anything. “How is he?” I asked quietly.

“I don’t know. He won’t come out of his room,” he answered. I did not reply.

“The League were both impressed and proud of how you handled the situation.”

They were watching. Of course they were. Cave security was changed after the attack os the Red’s. The League were in the Watch Tower. They would have seen everything.

“I don’t care what the League thought of it,” I sat down on my bed. “His finding out of the truth was poorly handled. I wish…I had told him from the start.”

“That was my fault,” Batman said. I looked up at him, confused. “I told you to keep it a secret. You did and it caused…this. But that’s not why I am here; I need to know if you told them why you left.”

My eyes widened and I stood up. “N-No! I could never do that!” I exclaimed. I was so ashamed of that part of my life.

“Well; just don’t forget what happened the last time you kept a secret from them.”

So over the next five days, I stayed in my room unless I absolutely had to leave. M’gann, Conner and Zatanna set up a system where, if Robin was here, they would tell me.

When he left they would relay that the coast was clear.