Thirteen: New Stuff

I'm liking the look of your characters so far :) Remember, if your character is not picked, she will still be used in a different scenario :) However this does mean she will have different powers and a different hero name, and posibly a different story. I do have some good ideas for them though :D

~

I watched intently as M'gann rolled the cookie dough into a ball, place it on the tray and flattened it with a fork.

“You understand?” She asked me with a smile.

“I uh…I think?” I said, and grabbed some dough. I rolled it into a ball I hoped was acceptable and placed it on the tray. Then I flattened with a fork, and it match M'gann’s.

“I did it!” I cheered. M'gann laughed and patted my head. I smiled and continued to help her. Grab, roll, place, flatten. Grab, roll, place, flatten.

Eventually we had two trays of well shaped uncooked cookies. M'gann placed them in the oven,

and told me she’d call when they were ready.

My gaze drifted to Superboy, who sat on the lounge watching TV with Orion beside him.

“Um…Superboy?” I began quietly, moving around the bench to sit on the stool. He turned the TV off, and twisted around, looking at me. Angrily.

“In the Tower of Fate. What was that? You sung. It was like a spell. And then I heard you and the lanterns talking a few days ago. About Witch Boy. Who are you exactly?” He growled.

“Me! I-I mean…I am me. My name is Hanabrie Shiloh. I am 14 and I am the Emerald Star. I love shoes and I hate water. You have to understand. Casting spells like that is a last resort for me. If I hadn’t we would have turned to ash.”

He considered this, and so I left it at that, walking down the hallway. Instead of going into the living quarters, I went down a hall I had never been in. 

There was one door there. I pushed it open and became overwhelmed with excitement; a library.

How did I not know this was here!? It was huge! Two walls were bookcases filled with books, another was a huge white screen with a projector, and the other had a huge fire place. 

There were three tables with chair around them in the room. Orion, in cat form, walked around my legs, anticipating how I was going to react.

I decided to see if the fireplace would go. I walked up to it and noticed there was a button. Being a curious fourteen year old, I reached out and pressed it.

A fire roared to life. Batman takes the fun out of everything.

I then turned to the books, and walked across the first case. They were on the mysteries of the universe, and some science junk.

A few cases later, I had found what I had hoped for. Books on medical studies. I grabbed out the good looking ones, and carried them to the rug in front of the fireplace.