Twenty: My Kind Of Mission

“There’s not many people that can sneak up on me,” He said as the small girl approached him.

“Well obviously I’m not one of them, since you caught me,” she laughed nervously.

Batman stood from his kneeling position and turned to face Viper Violet. “Emerald Star sent me your biology information. Were you hoping to join the team?”

Daphne had spent a long time pondering this, but in the end, she knew Hana was right. “The team? I’m only eleven. I think I’ll wait a couple of birthdays…however I could us some training…” She trailed of nervously.

And just like she’d hoped, Viper Violet got her own mentor.

~

Artemis and M'gann listened to me talk about the date all morning the next day. It was sad as we walked through Happy Harbour, as people had put up tributes to the fallen, since it was the 11th of September.

“His friend sounds pretty nasty,” Artemis commented.

“I don’t know if she was his friend but…yeah. She was mean,” I laughed. 

‘Call in the team, you have a briefing,’ Batman said in the com.

I called Dick and Wally on my mobile. When we got back to Mount Justice they were already there, along with Aqualad and obviously, Superboy.

When we assembled in the mission room, my ring started beeping. I lifted my hand and a hologram of the head Guardian of the Universe greeted me.

“Emerald Star. We have had a report of several Yori ships assembling in your quadrant,” he said.

“Leader I am aware of this. Justice League member Batman has called in my team for a mission briefing. We can handle seven ships.”

“Yes, but they are partially our responsibility. Naturally we will send assistance. Also, your new uniform has been sent to your ring.”

“I’m sorry Leader but who will you be sending?” 

“Green Lantern Guy Gardner, Teal Heart Jade Melody and Teal Heart Laurel Destiny,” The hologram then turned to Batman.

“Is this assistance sufficient?” He asked. The Bat nodded. Head Guardian then turned to me, nodded curtly and disappeared.

Everyone looked at me while I did my happy dance.

“What are you doing?”