Fourteen: Forgetting

I felt as though a nail was protruding my skull. Immediately my hand went over my eyes to block whatever light was blinding me.

Wherewas I? As far as I remember, I was sleeping in Carrol’s apartment. Klarion…that low-life…he betrayed me!

My bones hurt, my skin burned with a sting and my brain felt like it was going to explode. I clutched the ground beneath me.

It was hot, really hot. It was…sand?

I sat right up and looked around in panic. I was in the middle of a dessert!…In my Emerald Star uniform!

Checking everything, I seemed to be fine and stood. It was almost night and though the sand was hot, I know deserts get cold at night.

I flew up into the air, and looked around. Nothing, not a thing. Not even a cactus.

Keeping the sun to my left, I began travelling at my top speed, keeping an eye out for any signs of…well, anything.

I wonder if Klarion had captured me? Maybe the red lantern? You can never be too sure. I gasped and stopped mid-air, grasping my head as a sudden flash of pain went through it.

Opening my eyes, I realised there was something in my wrist. A big heavy metal er…bracelet? It had a small black button on it.

I pushed it, and a computer-looking screen popped up. The date read clearly in the top right corner…six months early?

Where am I? What is this thing? Where’s Hal and John? 

Either the computer’s clock was wrong, or I’ve been out for…six months?

“No way!” I mumbled. Well, I had no idea what to do…but maybe this computer thing does. Maybe it has GPS?

On the screen there were different little green icons. I fervently tapped one that resembled a map, and the screen changed.

Okay, it does have a map. I assumed the little green arrow is me. As I turned, so did the arrow. Naturally I began heading north according to the map, and then something came up on it.

The machine began beeping slowly, as a black circle started moving across the map. Fast. As in, right behind me.

I turned around right at the moment of something jumping into me, hard and fast. I slammed into the ground with a pained screamed.

Whateer hit me roared in anger, so I kicked it ith my eyes closed, sending it flying. When I opened my eyes, a boy about the age of sixteen was standing there, glaring at me.

“What was that for man!?” I yelled, dragging myself up painfully. He screamed and came towards me again, fists at the ready. I flew up and whacked him really far away with my mana whip.