Twenty Three: The Ring Finds

The team were surprised when I sprinted into the lounge and down the hall with a smile on my face.

"What are you doing?" Someone asked, and I heard them follow me. I got to the medical bay and opened the door beside it.

At first I was hit in the face with stale air. When I opened my eyes, I took in the white tiled floor and walls. The room was huge.

"Looks like a shower," I said into my com to Batman.

"It was," he answered.

I walked into the room. It seemed substantial, apart from the fact the there was mould growing in every corner.

"Okay, kind of gross..." I flew into the room, not planning to walk along the floor until it was sterilized.

"It looks to...hospital-y to be a garden," I decided, flying around the gigantic space.

"You're building a garden?" M'gann asked, flying in.

"Yup. Maybe it will keep my occupied when you two are gone," I said, looking at Miss M and Conner. I did some random spins midair, when an idea came to mind.

"Holy Disney that's brilliant!" I shrilled, before creating a huge fist of mana and readying it for distraction.

"Um...Star? What are you doing?" M'gann asked.

Instead of answering her, I pulled my ring arm back and swung it, sending the fist into the wall and shattering the tiles, revealing the natural mountain wall behind it.

"So organic!" I cheered, before beating off some more tiles until they were all gone and the room was made made of rock. I knew that with a bit of singing, I could have this fixed.

After training, I was in my room drawing up plans for the sanctuary when M'gann came in. I smiled at her in my mirror, but she didn't look to happy.

"Is something wrong?" I asked her as she sat on my bed.

"Hana...there were some things I saw, when I restored you memory. Some things I can't help but ask about," he began. I sighed heavily. I knew this was coming.

"I-I understand. What is it you want to know?"

For a moment she looked hesitant, staring at the floor. Then, finally, she looked up at me.

"You had something for Witch Boy...feelings. Didn't you?"

I couldn't lie to her. "Yeah. He saved me, but it was all a lie. He wanted me for power."

"And by power...you mean...the other one, right? W-With your voice..." I was hoping she wouldn't have seen that. Then again, M'gann was not part of the team when I faced them as midnight. She would not make that connection.

"Yeah," was all I said looking away.

As expected it went quiet and awkward, until M'gann started giggling. "So are you and Robin together now?"

I went bright red and hid my face in my pillow, nodding. "Wait, what about you and Conner?"

It was M'gann turn to blush, but before we should talk further, there was a loud beeping sound emitting from my draw.

I frowned and walked towards it. When I pulled the draw open, Laurel Destiny's ring flew out.

This confused me, until I realised it meant that the ring had found a new owner. I grinned at M'gann and asked my ring to suit me up.