Twenty Four: Just Like Me

I'm glad you guys like this story!

~

I had spent the next eight days setting up the sanctuary.

After some serious begging, Batman finally ordered what I had requested. 30x30 meters squared of fake grass, four different water features, silicon boards for plants, pots, furniture, hoses and importantly 30x30 square meters of mirror.

How did I put this all together? Simple. 

Magic.

Since it was just Orion and I, I could freely use my powers to glue the mirrors to the ceiling, put the walls up were I want them, place the water features where they needed to be and make them plants grow.

On the eighth day, I finished a song to start the water features. I stood in the middle of my eight days of hard work. Plants, terrestrial and non-terrestrial grew all over the place. 

The wall where the entrance is has been replaced with glass. Of course I was still missing the main aspect of it; animals.

There were wooden tables and chairs set up here and there, a giant fountain in the centre and the mirrors made everything look bigger. It was gorgeous.

“Hey,” A voice said.

I turned around to see Robin leaning against the doorway with a smirk on his face. That smirk.

“Hi,” I grinned. I felt bad. The past eight days I had been pretty much ignoring everybody, only concentrating on this.

So I flew to Dick and wrapped my arms around him. “I’m sorry I haven’t been whelmed, but I was really excited about this,” I said, muffled by his chest.

He smells really good. 

“It’s fine,” he chuckled, “it was cute. You were so concentrated on everything. When I saw you anyway. How did you finish it so fast with no outside help?”

I had prepared for this question. "Zatara helped me with his magic," I lied. I hated that I could lie so easily.

When the others returned from school, they’d be here for an hour to train and then they’d leave. It was then that I had to keep my powers on the down-low.

Even when M'gann and Conner were around to help me, both of them knew about my powers so I didn’t bother hiding it.

They’re together now. Something happened between the two when they went undercover at Belle Reve prison.

I released my death grip on Robin and stood back, grinning.

“So have you finished it?”

“Not yet. I just have to put in my order for the pets and when they arrive I can release them. In the meantime I have to do some galactic shopping. Gotta’ pick up a mini sun from Planet Acsorieorassitain, a few extra-terrestrial plants from Planet Zuzandu and some alien animals from Planet Faunataw. That’s basically my day tomorrow.”