Chapter 3: Awakened

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~KAIA'S POV ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up but I didn't feel the wet ground I remembered passing out on. I felt a warm bed, dry clothes and a hand on my own. I opened my eyes and sat up. I'm in a hospital room. How'd I get here? Then I hear a voice I thought I'd NEVER hear in person. Christian Coma of Black Veil Brides!

"Hey, are you ok?" He asks me.

"Um, heh, yeah, heh," I stammered.

"Are you sure? You don't look too good. Do you need some water?" He asked about to get up.

"No, I'm fine, it's just, you're Christian Coma! You play drums in Black Veil Brides and I'm just a nobody," I said.

"Well you're not a nobody! Nobody is a nobody! Wait, what? Haha, never mind. So, since you know my name, I think I should know yours," he said smiling at me.

"Um, my name is Kaia Louise Queen. (Pronounced K-EYE-A) and I'm 17. And before you ask, no I don't dye my hair. Even though all the different shades of brown and blonde look fake, it's one hundred percent natural!" I told him not looking directly into his eyes.

"Oh, cool. I thought maybe you got highlights or low-lights. Haha. But I just wanted to know if you're ok," he asked and I mumbled a "yeah" and we stared into each others eyes for at least two minutes until Andy walked in and cleared his throat.

"Sorry to interrupt, I'm Andy," he held out his hand and I shook it.

"Um, hi Andy, I'm Kaia. BVB is my favorite band EVER! I'm in shock, are you actually Andy Biersack?" I say.

"Yeah, in the flesh. Hahaha," he laughed.

"Whoa, am I dreaming? Someone pinch me," I said.

"Ok," CC said, pinching me really hard.

"OW! I didn't mean literally!" I yelled while rubbing my arm. That hurt!

"Sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you Kaia!" CC said giving me a hug.

"It's ok," I get hurt worse everyday.

"So, Kaia, you have family around here?" Andy asked me while sitting on the foot of the bed.

"Yeah, there's my mom, and my little sister Hannah, who's 9 and has Down Syndrome, and my older brother Michael who is 19 and lives with his boyfriend in Fresno. Yeah, I said boyfriend, Michael is gay," I said the last bit because they were both looking a little confused.

"Oh, cool," Andy said breaking an awkward silence.

"Well, um, what happened?" CC asked.

"Well, my mom is a drunk, and she got mad last night and whipped me with a belt. It was either be beaten or let my little sister be beaten. I couldn't stand to see her hurt. I take care of her like she's my own little girl," I say tearing up.

"Awww, Kaia. I'm sorry," Andy said coming to hug me.

"It's OK, I guess," I said wiping a tear out of my eye.

"No, it's NOT ok, if your mom hurts you, you need to tell someone," CC said.

"But I have no one to tell," I said letting the tears fall.

"You told us," Andy said. "And that's the important part. You said you were seventeen, right?"

"Yeah, I'll be eighteen in July," I said with wet eyes.

"Don't cry," CC said, handing me a tissue.

"Well, it's May now. What's your birthday?" Andy asked.

"The fifth of July," I said wiping my eyes with the tissue.

"Well, until then, if you want, we can take care of you and your sister," Andy said smiling.

"Are you serious? But what happens when I turn eighteen? What can I do to help Hannah? What can I do now? She's still with my mom! Won't CPS or whoever come and take us away if she goes to jail?" so many questions filled my mouth didn't think I could stop. That kiss made me stop.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, how'd you like it? Comment, and vote.

3 votes needed for me to post the next chapter ^_*