Chapter 12: Independence Day

**********JULY 4th**********

Today I woke up to see CC's cute face staring at me.

"Morning gorgeous," he said, kissing my nose.

"Morning," I yawned.

"Hey, why'd you have to yawn? Now I ha-a-ave to," he yawned.

"Why the hell is yawning contagious? That will always be in my mind," I said, getting out of our new bed.

"I dunno, why don't you Google it?"

"Why don't you? You do have an iPhone."

"Fine, I will," he said as he pulled out his phone.

"I'm gonna get dressed," I said, heading into the bathroom.

"Okay, but reading about *yawn* yawning makes me yawn. Heh, yawn doesn't even sound like a word anymore. Yawn. Heh, yawn, yawn, yawn yawn," he joked.

"Ugh, shut up! *yawn* Now you got me doing it too!" I yelled from the bathroom.

"YAWN YAWN YAWN! YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNN!"

"DAMN IT, CHRISTIAN! SHUT UP!" I yelled, throwing a bar of soap at him.

"Ow, that hurt!" he whined.

"Good! Maybe that'll teach you to shut up once in a while," I said

(VOTE IF YOU YAWNED WHILE READING THE ABOVE TEXT!)

"Come on, I'll make you breakfast," he said, getting out of bed and walking towards the door.

"I'll be down in a minute, okay?" I said as I slipped on my BVB tank top.

"K," he said as he made his way downstairs.

I just stood there in the bathroom, looking at myself in the mirror. Sun-kissed mid back length brown hair, ice blue eyes, short, little bit of a tummy, but skinny otherwise. Then I remember the worst parts, the cuts, the bruises, the scars. I try to hide them the best I can, but some of them are too big to hide. I still have this ugly scar going down my leg from when Mom had found my cellphone unlocked and saw my texts with this girl, in which I called her a whole shitload of names that Mom thought were "too unbelievably dirty". She had taken it, thrown it out, then came up to my room and dragged me outside to beat me. When she was dragging me, one of Hannah's rope toys had been in the path. She dragged me across it without even caring, thus leaving my leg scratched up and red. Sigh, I need to stop thinking about that. I wish Michael were here. He'd know what to do. Maybe I'll call him. I dialed his number and waited for it to ring.

After 4 rings he picked up.

"Hello?" he asked.

"Michael! It's me, Kaia!"

"Oh, Kaia, how I've missed you!"

"I miss you too! But I need some advice," I said, sitting on the edge of the bathtub.

"What's up? P.s. Happy Independence Day!"

"Well, thanks. But I'm kinda pregnant."

"Kinda?"

"Okay, I AM pregnant. I need your help Michael."

"Well, first off, congratulations. Second, what do you need help with? I'm a guy, remember? I don't know how I can help," he said with worry in his voice.

"Michael, can you come to see me? I know you live in Fresno and all, but I just need my big brother here!"

"Awwe, OK. I'll ask Daniel to drive me over as soon as he can, okay?"

"Alright. Love you Mikey!" I teased.

"Kaia! SIGH Love ya too," he said, then hung up.

On my way down to get breakfast I started getting a funny feeling. As I started towards the kitchen, someone covered my eyes and I screamed.

"CALM DOWN! It's just me," CC said.

"DAMN, DUDE! Don't scare me like that," I said, hitting him.

"Sorry, sorry. I love you!" he said, hugging me.

"It's okay. I couldn't stay mad at you!" I said, pecking his lips.

"YAY!"

We made our way to the kitchen, where CC had laid out all my favorites. Bacon, omelettes, Sunny-D, heh, and link sausage with syrup.

"Oh my god, CC! Tomorrow's my birthday, you didn't have to do this!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah I did! I want you to have an amazing birthweek. Plus, we get to go to the parade!"

"Oh Christian, you and your parades," I laughed.

"Andy's bringing Hannah. Hopefully he wears his vest instead of a dress!" CC joked, causing me to spit the juice I had in my mouth all over the table.

"Ahahahaha!"

"Someone like that joke, huh?" CC laughed.

"No. I hated it. Of course I loved it! I wonder where he gets those dresses anyway,"

"Andy knows a lady who runs the boutique over on Orange Blossom Avenue. She makes him the dresses if he signs some stuff for her daughters. They're big fans!" I burst out laughing when CC said that.

"Oh my god! Ahahahaha!"

"I'm serious! I've met them before! They're not all crazy though, since you know, their mom works with a lot of famous people."

"Cool," I said, finishing my breakfast.

"Ya know, you're getting pretty famous yourself," he said, biting his sausage.

"Well, as the fiancée of Christian Coma, I kind of expected it!"

"Really? You expected this?" CC said, holding up a magazine with my picture in a bubble on the cover.

"No, I didn't expect to be on a magazine cover yet. But I expected that it would happen soon enough," I sighed.

"Well, you should get used to it! There's gonna be a lot more where that came from. Come on, the parade starts in an hour!"

"Yeah, yeah. Go get dressed. I'll wait for you down here," I said, plopping down on the couch.

~~~~~~~~~~30 MINS LATER~~~~~~~~~~

"Andy, good to see you're not in a dress," I joked as we pulled up to the driveway of the BVB house.

"Oh, you know what? I just changed, but if you want, I could put the dress back on," he said as he got in the car.

"Nah man. We're good," CC said.

"Hi Kaia! I missed you!" Hannah said as she got into the car.

"Hi baby girl. I missed you too!"

"Come on, we're gonna be late!" Andy whined.

"Shush, Dress Boy," I teased.

"Shut up," he muttered.

~~~~~~~~~~AFTER THE PARADE, KAIA AND CC DROVE ANDY AND HANNAH HOME, WHERE ANDY WOULD PROBABLY BE WEARING A DRESS. THEN, KAIA AND CC WENT OUT TO LUNCH, WHERE CC HAD 3 FANS ALMOST ATTACK HIM BECAUSE THEY WANTED AUTOGRAPHS. THEN, THEY HAD A LAZY DAY, LEADING UP TO THE FIREWORKS DISPLAY AT THE PARK, WHERE THEY ARE NOW. THEY HAVE SET A BLANKET ON THE GROUND AND ARE LAYING ON IT~~~~~~~~~~

"WHOA! They're beautiful!" I said as multiple fireworks went off.

"But not as beautiful as you!" CC said, kissing me.

"Awww, you're so sweet! I love you Christian," I said as I snuggled into his side.

"I love you too," he said, kissing my head.

"Christian, I can't wait to be Mrs. Christian Mora,"

"I know, I can't wait either," he said as I drifted off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know you loved it! SORRY IF IT WASN'T THREE PAGES! I can't really tell how it works with the pages! COMMENT, VOTE, AND ENJOY!!!!!