Chapter 18: Days After Halloween

*****

Halloween came very shortly after Hannah's death. It was a fun time though, we got to go out and have a good time. Our boys were getting pretty big by then, so I went as a potbellied pig! A lot of people asked how I got my stomach to look like that, and man, did I laugh!

But it wasn't all fun and games. We had a lot to do to prepare the boys' room.

"What color do you think it should be?" CC asked me one morning over breakfast.

I pondered the question for a bit, then blurted out "Red and white!" He looked at me, then said, "Fuck, that'll be cool!"

I looked out the window, then back at him, imagining our life together. Our babies will have the best lives possible, I'll make sure of it.

"Kaia?" Christian had brought me back to reality.

"Huh?" I asked.

"You kinda just spaced out there," he chuckled.

"Oh," I blushed, "I was just thinking about the future. Y'know, what life will be like for our kids."

"Well, I know that they'll have an amazing life, I mean, we're their parents!" He came over to me and hugged me. "I love you!"

I kissed him, and then said "I love you, too!"

"Come on, get dressed. We're going out,"

"Where?"

"You'll have to wait and see!"

"Ahhh, come on! Tell meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" I whined.

"Nope!" He skipped away upstairs.

"CHRISTIAN!"

"NO!"

"I'M COMING TO GET YOU!" I yelled, getting up and running upstairs.

"YOU'LL NEVER FIND ME!"

I got up to our room and searched everywhere. "Damn," I mumbled.

"Hahahahaha! I'M NOT IN THERE!" he yelled from somewhere down the hall.

"HOLY FUCK! I WILL FIND YOU!"

"NUH-UH!" I ran down the hall, listening to where his voice was coming from. The boys' room! I crept into there, opening the door quietly.

"I know you're in here!" I said, opening the closet door.

"Come outta the closet babe!" I giggled. I opened the door all the way and peeked my head in.

"RAHH!" he yelled, grabbing me from behind.

"AHH, FUCK YOU!"

"You know you love me," he said, whispering into my ear.

"Yeah, you're right, but tell me where we're going!"

"If you get dressed I will!"

"Fine!" I grumbled, starting to walk out when CC picked me up bridal style and ran to our room.

"So, what do you want to wear?" he asked, setting me on the bed.

"Um, anything's fine."

"Kay," he started rifling through my closet, then pulled out a black blouse, a pair of black tights, and a skirt. He threw them over his shoulder, then gave them to me. "Here ya go!"

"Thanks," I started pulling off my Pajama top, and then I saw him staring at me. "What?""

"Nothing!" He threw his hands up and turned away. "It's just, you're so beautiful!" He came over and sat next to me. I pulled my blouse on and blushed. "Thanks, but so are you!"