Don't be a dick, you cheap hooker

Brayden's POV

“Do you know who that was?” I turned to the moron sitting next to me blowing air into one of the disposable latex gloves that sat on the counter next to the hospital bed. He turned towards me, confused. “The girl that just left.”

“You mean Porter Mathews?” he asked, lowering the inflated glove and twisting the open end into a knot. Bringing the glove back into his line of vision, he pulled on one of the fingers, giggling like a girl.

“Hey, ball sack, put the glove down and pay attention,” I told him, shaking my head.

“What?” he asked, impatiently.

“The girl, who is she? Does she go to our school?” I asked again, trying to get his attention back on the subject. His eyes flicked up to meet mine, a smirk growing on his face. I raised an eyebrow in anticipation.

"And yet you have the balls to say that I'm the masochist. Happy you're coming to terms with the truth,” he replied, grinning, and I rolled my eyes. He laughed, making his way over to the chair next to the bed and slumping down in it. His attention shifting from the glove to me.

“You're an idiot,” I answered.

“Maybe so, but I'm an idiot with information on Porter Mathews,” he grinned, staring at me smugly. Cade always knew when I wanted something, which was almost never, so when I did want something from him, he enjoyed it as much as he could. Until I, of course, pulled him into a headlock and threatened to pull his ears off. I gave him a warning glare, and he huffed with annoyance. “Fine. She's a junior like us, she's in your calculus, history and physics class-”

“She's in three of my classes? How do I not know that?” I interrupted, my eyebrows lowering in confusion. She was hot. If i didn't notice her for anything else, that would definitely be something I would notice her for.

"You're a self-centered, self-serving dick...and well she's kind of stuck to herself ever since her dad went to prison,” he replied with a shrug and I gave him a questioning look at the comment of her dad. “Don't ask, because that's the one thing I don't really know, since I didn't ask. But it was a big deal on the news. Still, her business, not ours.”

“Boyfriend?”

He gave me a look of surprise, his eyebrow raising. “No one will touch her with a ten-foot pole since her dad.”

“Great. Get your shit, I just found my new girlfriend,” I told him with a grin, hopping off of the hospital bed and grabbing my jacket and shirt from the table I'd set them on.

“I haven't been checked by the nurses yet,” he reminded me. I pulled on my shirt, being careful to not rip the new stitches on my stomach. I'd ripped enough to know that it didn't end well for me on any end.

“You'll be fine. They can't fix what's really wrong with you anyways” I told him and made my way out of the room, I heard him throw a 'fuck you' my way, before following me out of the room.

“Are you seriously still going through with this stupid plan of yours? Are you forgetting that mom isn't an idiot and she'll see right through you?” he said as we made our way down the hallway, dodging the nurses and doctors rushing past us.

“She won't,” I argued, stopping to pull him towards the front desk when he stopped to talk to a pretty blonde standing in the hallway with her friends. He glared and pulled himself out of my grasp.

“I'm not covering your ass on this one, Brady, I'm still grounded from the last time I did,” he grumbled, giving me a determined glare.

“You won't have to,” I told him and signed the papers handed to me over the counter stating that I'd released myself out of the emergency room. Thanking the nurse behind the station with a wink, I turned away from her blushing face and grabbed him by the sleeve of his jacket, pulling him along as I made my way to the exit.