I am a delight

Porter's POV

Opening my eyes, I laid in bed, my eyes focusing in on the white ceiling. Glancing around, puzzled, I sighed when I remembered I was still in the hospital. I'd fallen asleep a few hours before, Brayden's voice lulling me to sleep.

A smile stretched my lips at the thought of the blue-eyed boy with the dirty mouth, and devil-may-care attitude. Falling for Brayden was too easy, and it was honestly starting to scare me how fast I was falling for him. I knew how this would end. I knew it was a terrible idea to fall for a guy who had made it more than clear that he didn't want any commitment to anyone. And even if he suddenly decided that he wanted it, I was so far out of his league it was ridiculous. I didn't deserve someone like Brayden. He was good, kind and untainted by the darkness that lived in me.

Glancing down to my left, I felt my heart squeeze in my chest at the sight of him. He was fast asleep, his head laying on the hospital bed next to my hip, one of his hands grasping mine, tightly. Squeezing the fingers wrapped around mine, I was surprised to feel them squeeze back, before he mumbled something. Lifting his head slightly, he slowly opened his eyes and stared back at me, before smiling.

"Brayden, what are you still doing here?" I asked him, softly.

Laying his head back on the bed, he let his eyes fall shut. "I told you, this place is a prime spot for picking up hot women."

"So other than the nurses, why else is this place such a prime spot?" I asked him.

"The patients."

"The patients?"

"Yup. You have to pick the ones that can't get up out of bed, though. That way if you're anything like Cade when it comes to picking women up, they can't run the moment you open your mouth," he mumbled, snuggling into the bed, his eyes remaining closed.

Shaking my head with a grin, I shifted in the bed until I was laying on my side, facing him. "So is this the only place?"

He shook his head. "Supermarkets are okay, too."

"Supermarkets?" I asked, my brows crinkling in confusion.

"Hot cougars," he mumbled, opening his eyes with the sole purpose of giving me a smirk, letting them fall shut once again once he'd accomplished that. "Grab some oranges and a banana; make a joke about your penis and the fruits. Like putty in your hands."

"Does that really work?" I asked him, genuinely curious. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it did. With a face and body like his, I was pretty sure the guy could utter complete nonsense and he'd get laid.

"No, sunshine, it really doesn't," he replied, and I chuckled. "Don't't tell Cade I told you that, though, he still thinks he's doing something wrong."

"You really like messing with him, don't you?" I laughed.

"Keeps me entertained," he mumbled, with a grin.

"Have you had a doctor look you over?" I asked him, my eyes falling on his battered face. The area around his left eye was turning a glaring red, and looked painful to the touch, his nose had a small cut going across the bridge, and his bottom lip was swelling and turning a dark shade of blue.

"No," he mumbled from his hunched over position on the bed.

"Why not?" I asked him, curiously.

He shrugged, pulling his other arm up and putting it under his head. "I'm fine."

"Right, you definitely look fine," I replied, sarcastically.

"I am."

"I would believe you, I would, but I was there, remember? Can you please have some take a look at you?" I sighed, tiredly.  He wasn't fine. Claws was a big guy and he'd punched Brayden more than I cared to count. I knew the guy was stubborn and probably figured he was fine, but he didn't look fine.