Girls with sharp objects and colorful threats

"Move it little to the left," the big giant laying next to me demanded, and rolling my eyes, I did as asked. "No, that's not right, try the right."

"Brayden, I've moved your damn pillow six times now," I told him, glaring at him.

"And it's still not how I left it," he replied, a putout pout on his face.

"If you don't go to sleep, I am going to use that pillow to suffocate you," I grumbled, and flipped the bedside table lamp off, snuggled into my pillow, and closed my eyes again.

"Fine, then you be the big spoon," he replied, turning in the bed to give me his back, and probably waiting for me to do the same, so he could be the small spoon.

Even though I'd told him he was only sleeping over that one night, that rule had quickly gone out the window, and I found myself waiting up for him, and only falling asleep until his body was curled around mine. That night was no different, except for the big giant not being able to fall asleep because according to him I'd moved his pillow and it wasn't how he liked it anymore.

"Are you gonna be the big spoon or are you gonna share that pillow?" I groaned when his voice drifted towards me in the dark room. Turning around, I scooted as close as I could and wrapped an arm around him, burrowing my nose in his neck.

"Are you happy now, you big baby?" I mumbled against his skin, and he sighed.

"No, turn over, I don't like being the little spoon," he replied, and I growled.

"We're not moving, Cavanaugh, so lay your ass down and go to bed." Snuggling closer to him, I sighed and let my eyes fall shut, the exhaustion of the day finally catching up to me.

A few minutes of silence went by, but I held my breath of relief, knowing that he was still buzzing with way too much energy at this hour of the night, but I still hoped he'd fall asleep soon. When his breath wasn't evening out after a couple of minutes, I knew for a fact he wouldn't be falling asleep any time soon, and if he couldn't sleep, I couldn't either.

"Brayden, why aren't you falling asleep?" I mumbled almost on a whine. I was so damn tired, I almost felt like crying with each passing second that I wasn't peacefully sleeping.

Turning around in the bed to face me, a sliver of streetlight slipping through the cracks of the curtains, illuminating his face, he pouted, making me roll my eyes. "I'm not tired."

"But I am," I whined this time, and he gave me the biggest sad eyes I've ever seen, and I sighed, tiredly. "Okay, fine...Tell me something no one knows."

He thought about it for a moment, his brow crinkling. "I cheated on a quiz once just to see if I would get caught."

I laughed, staring at him in disbelief, "Really?"

He nodded.

"Well did you?" I asked, and he shook his head no, a proud grin on his face. I covered my mouth when I started laughing a little louder than I probably should be. "So what was your grade?"

"A plus," he replied, smirking. "Your turn."

Sucking in a breath, I grimaced. "I once stole a pack of gum from a store, and felt so bad about it, that I went to another store, bought two packs of gum and returned both to the store I stole the first one from."

He let out a short laugh, grinning at me. "Why won't you show me your paintings?"

My eyes widened at the sudden change of subject, a nervous smile on my face. "What are you talking about, you saw them yesterday, remember?"

"I'm not talking about the ones at school," he replied, raising an eyebrow, and making my heart speed up in my chest.

"Self-conscious?" I squeaked. I tried not to growl at how squeak my voice sounded, or how my face contorted into a wince that was a dead giveaway.