A Straight Hottie

Shit.

Shit.

Shit on bricks and stones.

Had I just...?

No.

Had I seriously just blurted out the truth to his entire family?

No, I couldn't have possibly done something so stupid.

Looking around the table, I realized that I had. His parents were staring at us, curiously, Macy's mouth was wide open, her burger a few inches  away from it, forgotten. Cade stared at us with wide eyes, while the three younger girls sat eating their food, oblivious to what was going on around them.

Turning to Brayden, panicked, I waited for him to tell me what to do. When he just stared at me with wide eyes, I realized he would be of no help. Turning back to his family, I gave them a cheapish smile. "I mean, we're not dating...anymore...we’re established now. Girlfriend and boyfriend, right, honey?" I nudged a frozen Brayden, giving him a pointed look.

Shaking out of his stupor, he turned towards his family, and nodded. "Yup."

"Yeah, you know how weird teenagers are nowadays, I know we are also teenagers still, and that's the main reason, we both seem to be following the rules that society has given us. I mean we don't want to be the weirdos who stick out like...like...um...I mean it's ironic though, because Brayden really doesn't mind sticking out, and I do, we’re-"

"We weren't putting labels on it, now we are," Brayden interrupted, placing a hand on my own and squeezing my fingers, gently.

"But you've been calling her your girlfriend, isn't that a label?" Macy asked, staring at us, puzzled.

I pulled my lips between my teeth before I blurted out more incriminating evidence, and turned to Brayden.

Turning to Macy with a glare, he let out a heavy sigh. "Yes Macy, thank you so much for bringing that to everyone's attention."

She shrugged, lifting an eyebrow. "Uh you're welcome?"

"Macy it's late you should go to bed." Cade who'd been sitting quietly in his corner of the table, added, giving her a pointed look, to which she replied with furrowed brows.

"What's going on?" His mom asked from her end of the table, and I felt my heart start to pound in my chest, the realization of what was potentially happening making my stomach hollow out.

"Nothing, mom, Macy is just confused-"

"Oh give it up, dude," his dad interrupted, and everyone's attention snapped to him, making him roll his eyes, and place his fork on the table next to his plate. Leveling a look on Brayden and I, he lifted his eyebrows, and I'd never felt guiltier in my life.

"Uh what?" Brayden tried playing dumb, only managing to get a tired look from his dad.

"Don't you think it's time?"

"What is going on?" Mrs. Stratford piped in, her attention flitting between her husband, Brayden and I, before she decided to focus on her husband, making me sigh a short-lived sigh of relief. "Honey?"

"Casey, you're supposed to be the genius out of the two us," he replied, lifting an eyebrow and she gave him a warning glare. Rolling his eyes, he gave us a look. "They're faking it."

"Huh?" She replied, briefly glancing our way before turning back to her husband.

"Uh we know nothing of what he's talking about," Brayden rushed out, sitting up in his chair.

"Oh please, you-" he pointed my way, "couldn't help but be surprised every time his hands came anywhere near you, and you-" his finger moved to Brayden’s direction, "you're not as smart as you think, kid. You gave it away way faster than she did."