You're the reason I let myself have hope

I stared at all the beaming faces staring back me, and warmth spread across my chest. Never in my life did I ever think I would be surrounded by so many people who cared about me, and would show up to make sure I was alright when they'd heard I'd been rushed to the hospital. Some of the faces I didn't even recognize.

It was weird. Really weird. I had no idea who half of the people in my room were, but they were all staring at me with a mix of relief and wonderment. The wonderment was a tad confusing. I wasn't someone people really stared at in wonderment.

"She's gorgeous, Case, you must be so proud." A woman I vaguely recognized from some of the pictures in their home, whispered to Brayden's mom, who stood at the end of my bed, a proud smile on her face.

I looked around the room, searching for Brayden, and coming up empty. I was going to kill him for leaving me here alone to deal with his entire family. I wasn't sure if this was all of them, but dear god I hoped there weren't much of them left, because wow, there was at least twenty people in my small hospital room.

"I know," Mrs. Cavanaugh replied, grinning, and turning to the woman next to her, she nudged her with her elbow. "I totally had everything to do with them getting together."

The woman next to her rolled her eyes, playfully. "Of course you did, you nut job, you set that poor boy on so many awful dates he had to fend for himself. Obviously he gets his good taste from me." She turned to the handsome, tall, blonde man standing next to her, with a wink, making him grin.

"Um, can someone tell me what's going on?" I mumbled, lifting a hand, awkwardly, trying to get someone's attention, a blush creeping up my neck.

"Uh mom, what the hell?" At Brayden's voice, I let out a relived sigh, my eyes seeking him among the crowd of people, who parted, letting him through, and making my heart skip a beat when my eyes landed on his beautiful face.

A smile made its way into my face as he made his way to my bed, two coffee cups, and a brown bag in his hands. My eyes took him, heart pounding erratically in my chest, almost as if it was trying to break free and go to him, the 'mine' a constant in my head now. I still couldn't believe he loved me. Brayden Cavanaugh was in love with me, and all I wanted to do for the rest of my life was show him how much I loved him as well.

Finally reaching my bed, he set the coffee cups and bag on the little bedside table next to my hospital bed, gently grasped the back of my head, and leaned down to press his lips to my forehead, with a small 'hey' and a warm smile; one I couldn't help but return.

"Awe, they're so sweet," the lady next to his mom sighed, making me blush and duck my head, shyly, embarrassment spreading over my chest.

"Mom, is there a reason the entire crazy clan is in my girlfriend's hospital room right now?" Brayden asked his mother, an exasperated edge to his tone. I was pretty sure he already knew the answer to that question and wasn't in the least bit surprised by it. I had to wonder how many times his mother called the entire family when he was in the hospital with minor injuries. Seemed like something the woman would do.

Giving me a cheeky smile, she glanced around the room with a shrug. "Your father's asshole cousins swore I was a liar when I told them you had a girlfriend, so I had to prove them wrong."

"And all of you just up and left your life, took a flight to Pennsylvania, just to confirm I have a girlfriend?" He glanced around the room, giving each person a disappointed shake of the head.

"Pretty much, yeah," the beautiful blonde next to his mom, nodded. "Besides it was a short flight. And it was worth it to know that she's okay."

"Aunt Nissa, uncle Drew lives in Florida," Brayden pointed out, shooting a man standing in the corner a pointed look. The man, whom I asumed was uncle Drew, simply shrugged.