Your undying loyalty, and adoration will be enough

"And no hanky panky in the house."

Groaning, I let my head fall into the palm of my hand. "Mom, please stop."

"Now, I know how you teeenagers can't control those hormones of yours, so if you do find yourself going at it in my house, please make sure to place a sock on the front door, so that I can stay the hell away," she continued on like I hadn't said a word.

Slapping my hand softly on my forehead repeatedly, I let out an embarrassed sigh. "Why? Why?"

"Do you guys know how to use a condom?" Snapping my head up as Brayden choked on his food, coughing, his eyes wide, I turned to my mom with a pleading look.

"You broke him, are you happy?"

"I have a banana and a few condoms in the kitchen, I thought we could go over the proper way of putting a condom on. I love you, sweetheart, but I'm done raising kids," she replied, standing up and moving towards the kitchen.

"Mom, please stop, okay?" I pleaded. She turned around and gave me a puzzled look, seeming utterly confused as to what I was asking her to stop doing. I wasn't surprised. My mom usually didn't know when she was making me want to hide under a table.

"Honey, I'm just trying to make sure that the two of you are safe," she replied, moving back to the table and sitting in her abandoned seat. "I mean, I know how teenagers are. I remember what your father and I were like. I mean, before he started being a psychopath, we couldn't keep our hands off of each other, I mean we would just go at it for hours-"

"You know how you told me to tell you when you're being embarrassing?" I answered, staring at her with wide eyes, eyebrows raised, expectantly.

Making a silent oh with her mouth, her eyes darted to Brayden, who gave her a grin. "He doesn't seem to think that I am."

"That's because he's just as perverted as you are," I replied, shaking my head. Brayden's grin grew and he gave her a lazy shrug when she raised an eyebrow.

"She's right. I'm actually really enjoying this," he answered, around a mouthful of food. "But...you have nothing to worry about, as much as your daughter is a nymphomaniac, I am a gentleman. I'm just not ready for sex."

I felt my jaw unhinge as I stared at him in shock. "I will smother you in your sleep."

"Oh come now, baby, I'm just trying to reassure your mom that I am a classy guy," he smirked, and turning to my mom, he gave her his best innocent look, "She's pushy, but I remind her that I want my first time to be special."

"As it should be, you don't let this one pressure you into anything," she replied, giving him a sympathetic smile. I stared at them in disbelief, my mouth hung open, and my eyes wide.

"What the hell is going on?" I muttered to myself, shaking my head, trying to put together what the hell had just happened.

"Now you make sure that you don't do anything you're not ready for," my betraying mother, continued, giving the lying asshole a soft smile. How? And what?

"You know, I knew you'd understand. I just really wish Porter was more like you," he mumbled back, shaking his head, sadly. Huffing indignantly, I slapped his arm with a scowl. "Ow, what?"

"Where is that loyalty you talk so much about, huh, Cavanaugh?"

"I told you already, Porter," he smiled. "It left hand in hand with your sanity." Grinning, he grabbed my hand off the table, brought it up to his lips and placed a soft kiss to the back of it, making my heart stop in my chest. What the hell was he doing?