Your little friend is poking me

The next time I woke up to Brayden at my window, the knife had remained under my pillow and my resolve to say no was stronger than ever. At least that's what I told myself.

"I am not going skating," I immediately told him as I pulled the window up, making him smirk.

"Put the cat claws away, grumpy, that's not why I'm here," he replied, and I stared at him suspiciously. Grinning, he gestured for me to move out of the way. "Move over."

"Why?" I asked, refusing to move before I knew what his intentions were. I barely slept as it was, and staying up with Brayden when he couldn't sleep was slowly draining me.

"I'm sleeping with you, now move over so I can get in," he stated simply, almost as if that was the most natural thing to say to someone. It wasn't.

"Go sleep in your own bed," I told him, my eyebrows going up.

"See, I would, but your bed is better," he replied, grinning cheekily. "We can do this all night, Pinocchio, or you could realise that I'm not leaving and cut it short."

Growling, I fought the urge to slam the window shut in his face. "Fine, but only for tonight."

Smiling triumphantly, he crawled into my room through the small space, and I sighed. I had a feeling this would not be the only night. Closing the window, I headed to the bathroom to pee, making sure to close the door behind me.

I didn't know how I was supposed to get back to sleep with Brayden in the same bed as me. My heart jumped out of my chest every time I thought about him. Sleeping in the same bed as him? I had no idea how I would stop myself from becoming a nervous wreck.

Why had I even agreed to him sleeping with me? What the hell had I been thinking? Was I trying to make him realize how I felt about him? I couldn't begin to imagine how fast he’d run when he found out.

Sighing, I decided to blame my momentary lapse in judgment on my sleep addled brain. Washing my face, I undid my ponytail and redid it, smoothing down the strays.

Get it together, Porter. It's just Brayden.

Pulling in a sharp breath, I turned to the door and pulled it open, before I had a full blown panic attack and just hid in the bathroom for the rest of the night. I mean, I really dreaded him knowing how I felt about him, but I dreaded him thinking I had explosive diarrhea the entire night even more. Walking into the mostly dark room, a sliver of moonlight slipping in through the cracks between the curtains, I walked over to my bed.

I pulled the covers back and slipped under them, bringing them up to my chin. Brayden’s arm came around my waist immediately, making my breath catch. He pulled me until I was snuggled up against him, comfortably, a sigh escaping his lips, and it was only then that I was able to breathe again; my body melting into his.

"I forgot to tell you, we’re having lunch with my parents tomorrow," he mumbled against my neck, sending chills down my spine. I fought the urge to sigh and burrow deeper into his chest.

"Wait...what?" I squeaked when his words caught up with me. His arm tightened around me, and I felt his head move up and down against my neck. "Why-why are we having lunch with your parents?"

"It was my mom's idea, remember? She wants to get to know you," he muttered, nonchalantly. Was he kidding? This was not the time to be so calm.

"Brayden have you forgotten that I can't lie for shit? Your mom is going to see right through me. She's going to know that I am a fraud the moment I open my mouth and some shit spews out," I rambled on, my eyes widening with each word, the realization that I would have to sit for more than ten minutes surrounded by his family, scaring me to my core.