The Devil's Offspring

Brayden's POV

"You ready to eat my dust, again, Walker?" I smirked, glancing at the guy sat on his bike, next to me. He threw me a glare, and flipped me off, making me laugh. I smirked at the cut on his bottom lip and the dark circle around his eye. The guy was tenacious, I could give him that. But he was a sore loser.

Not only had he lost two races and four-hundred bucks, but he'd also made himself look like a fool when he'd lunged at me after my second win. His attempt to knock me down had failed pretty quickly, only managing to get one hit in, before I delivered two blows; one to his eye and another to his jaw, dropping him on his ass. I was much taller than the guy, and I'd been in enough fights to know exactly how to knock him out cold. He'd pulled himself up with a glare, and demanded another race. Double or nothing. It was his funeral.

"Fuck off," he mumbled, leaning into his bike, and staring hard at the road ahead of him, his concentration solely on winning.

"Oh come on, Walker, don't be like that," Cade replied, mockingly, a grin appearing on his face right before he pulled his helmet on. Smirking, I pulled my helmet on as well, and flipped the visor down.

Turning the key to ignation, I made sure my lights and gauges were on and operating fine, before downshifting to first gear and then shifting up once, placing my bike in neutral. Pushing the start button on, I pulled the clutch lever back in and waited for the count down.

Sitting back on my bike, I watched Grace walk out onto the street, the shouts and whistles of the crowd carrying over the running engine of the bikes. Getting into position, she pushed her chest out, seductively, and lifted her left hand, a black and white checkered flag hanging from it. Kicking up my kickstand, I revved the engine with a grin, the shouts and hollers getting louder.

I watched the flag come down, and smiled, releasing the clutch and pulling back the throttle sightly to prevent my bike from stalling. Rolling the throttle back, I felt the dirt kick up behind the back wheel as I took off down the familiar road, the rest of the bikers right behind me.

Shifting gears as I neared the old bridge near our school, a few seconds later, I glanced to my left as Cade flew past me, his middle finger in the air. Shaking my head with a smirk, I rolled down the throttle, quickly catching up with him. We rode side by side for a few minutes, when one of us pulled ahead, the other immediately caught up. Cade was the only other rider who could keep up with me, with Braxton coming in at a close second.

Going past the old diner, I pulled back the throttle and made a sharp turn, cutting through the woods as a shortcut. What Cade or the other riders didn't know was that right behind the diner, there was a dirt road cutting through the woods, that led right back to where we'd started. Taking off about three minutes of your time.

I shook my head when I heard the unmistakable sound of Cade's bike engine behind me, probably deciding to find out what the hell I was doing. Rolling the throttle back, I leaned into my bike to avoid any low hanging branches as I weaved myself through the dense terrain.

Soon the trees parted, the light from the street light streaming in, and letting me know I was a few feet away from the street. Pulling back onto the road, I turned right, my head snapping around to see if Cade had made it out fine. Seeing his bike fly out from between the trees, I laughed, and lifted myself up off of my bike slightly, before bringing the front wheel up. I heard him shout something in my direction, before pulling up right next to me.

Flipping our visors up, we slowed just enough to be able to hear each other. "So this is how you do it? This is how you win every time?"

"I win every time because I'm a better rider," I told him, flipping him off. Flicking the visor back down, I rolled the throttle down, and made my way back to the finish line.