Suddenly I'm feeling inadequate

"If I ever have an idea this stupid, please tie me up and throw me in a room," I whispered as I nervously followed Brayden down the dark hallway as quietly as I possibly could.

"That's what she said," he replied, glancing at me with a smirk and I rolled my eyes.

He creeped along the wall towards what I could only assume was Ms. Hart's room. I kept my eyes on his back, my heart thudding in my chest. I had no idea why we were being quiet since she wasn't supposed to be home, but I was too nervous to even bother pointing that out.

This was one of the stupidest things I'd ever done in my life. Ms. Hart was a mean bitch and she hated my guts, if we were caught I was done. But I didn't want to be the loser who couldn't go through with a dare.

For the first time in forever I had a few people who were nice to me. I didn't know if they were simply nice because they were scared of Brayden or if they didn't really care about my family's past and were just genuinely nice, and I really didn't care. I liked them, and I liked being a part of their friendship, I didn't want to lose that.

"Holy shit," Brayden gasped, stopping abruptly, making me bump right into his back. Placing a hand on his shoulder, I peaked around him to see what had scared him, and felt my heart drop.

Laying in the middle of the hallway was the biggest bulldog I'd ever seen in my entire life. The thing was huge.

"What the fuck is that?" I mumbled, freezing in my spot behind Brayden, my heart beating so loudly in my chest, I prayed it wouldn't scare the dog awake.

"It's a dog, a bigass dog," he whispered back like it was the most obvious thing in the world, and I should be ashamed of my question. I wasn't.

"I know it's a dog, I'm asking what it's doing here," I replied, glaring at his back. He turned around with a smirk, making me raise an eyebrow.

"I'm gonna go ahead and assume it's taking a nap," he answered, fighting a grin and I growled. "Mhm I see that growl is getting better."

"Yeah, I know, right? I've been working on it," I replied, grinning proudly, making him chuckle.

"Keep doing that and you'll have them shitting themselves." He grinned and gave me a thumbs up. I fought the urge to laugh, my eyes widening when I caught movement behind him.

"Um, Brayden?"

"Yeah?"

"I think the dog just woke up," I squeaked, right before a snarl came from behind him, making him go stiff, his eyes wide.

"Oh shit." I watched horrified as the bigass dog got up into a sitting position and started our way, baring its teeth. Oh god, that's a lot of teeth.

"Brayden?"

"Yeah, Porter?"

"This was a terrible idea," I managed to get out, my hands starting to shake.

"We both seem to have a lot of those today," he replied. I nodded, never taking my eyes off of the growling dog. I was frozen to the spot and the only thought running through my head was, 'shit, I'm going to die'. Thankfully for both of us, Brayden wasn't frozen and before I knew what was happening, I was pulled by my arm into a bathroom on the left.

Turning around, I stared at Brayden with panicked eyes. "What are we gonna do?"

"Yeah, uh, this is as far as my plan goes," he replied, with a smile that resembled more of a wince, leaning against the closed door.

"Great plan," I replied, glancing around the small, blue and green bathroom. Although small, it was quite large for a single woman. I couldn't help but think about how much my mom would love the white clawfoot tub in one of the corners.  

Deals With The Devil's SpawnOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara