She's out of your league

Brayden's POV

"So, did you get in the shower?" Officer Big asked, impatiently, when I took a little too long to continue my story. I glared, taking my time with my cup of coffee.

"Of course I got in the damn shower," I replied, huffing out a growl. "She's pretty persuasive when she wants to be."

I watched the bastard sneer as he leaned on the table, making me want to reach over and strangle his tiny neck. "So what did she offer you in return, huh, Cavanaugh?"

"I’d wipe that smirk off of your face, Officer Big, before I reach over this table and rip it off for you," I told him, calmly, before glancing over at his partner. "Must be fun being stuck with this shitbrick."

He sighed patiently, his jaw tensing. "Best fucking time of my life." I smirked, my eyes shifting to the glaring moron. The guy was starting to test me. He'd made a few comments on Porter's family, seeming to forget that he was sitting in front of Porter’s supposed boyfriend. Knowing my history with anger management, his partner had tried warning him several different times to shut the fuck up, he hadn't listened so far.

"You know it's a felony to threaten an officer, Cavanaugh?" he told me, smugly, sitting up in his little chair. He stared at me with an air of arrogance, the small smirk on his face growing when I didn't reply for a few minutes.

"Do I look like someone who cares, Officer Big?" I slowly replied, watching him start to lose his nerve. "Let's get this out of the way, shall we? The next time you utter a word about my girlfriend, I will rip your tongue out and shove it up your ass. After I'm done with that, I will pull those caterpillar eyebrows off your partner and shove them up your fucking nostrils."

Sitting back in my chair, I smiled when his eyes widened, the vein in his neck bulging. I watched, calmly, as he turned red, his glare switching between his partner and I. "You can't fucking talk to me like that, you little shit. I can have your ass in jail faster than you can call for daddy."

I grinned, "Come now, Officer Big, we don't want you losing your tits over nothing, really."

"Okay, that's enough, Cavanaugh," his partner interjected, sighing tiredly. "Big, go wait outside."

Throwing one more glare my way, he pushed his chair back and made his way out of the room, slamming the door behind him. Turning back to his partner, I smirked.

"Alright, let's get this over with," he said, sliding the clipboard his partner had left on the table, over towards himself, and letting his eyes roam over the scribbles on the piece of paper attached to it.

"See, I can make this go faster for you, I really can, but you haven't assured me that Porter is not going to be involved in this," I told him.

"Porter was arrested inside Ms. Hart's house right next to you, Cavanaugh. As much as I admire you trying to protect your girlfriend, Ms. Hart is pressing charges against her," he replied, shaking his head with a sigh. I sat up in my chair and stared at him for a minute.

"You said her, not both of us, her," I replied, slowly. He nodded, his eyes filled with annoyance. I could tell he was pissed that Ms. Hart had decided to press charges on Porter, but had obviously decided not to do the same with me. I couldn't blame him, he had every right. I knew why she'd decided to do what she had. People in this town were idiots and they obviously hated Porter. It wasn't fair that my last name was getting me out of trouble and that Porter was getting the brunt of it because of hers.

"Are you fucking kidding me? She's pressing charges on Porter, but not me? What the fuck is wrong with you people?" I gritted out. I felt my chest tighten as my hands curled into tight fists on the table.