Why are you so fucking morbid?

Brayden's POV

“I don't understand what the big deal is.”

“You're not waking your girlfriend up at eight in the morning, so that you can go ride the ATV's in mud,” Macy replied, rolling her eyes, and letting out and annoyed sigh. Crossing my arms over my chest, I glared, and waited for her to move out of the way so I could go get Porter from the room I'd carried her to after she'd crashed on the couch.

“You do realize that I'm not going anywhere?” I told her, raising my eyebrows. She imitated my stance, and raised an eyebrow, a challenge in her eyes.

“Don't forget I can kick your ass, Brady,” she replied, smugly, and I rolled my eyes.

“Listen, midget, I will move you myself; if you don't want that to happen, I suggest you move so that I can wake up my girlfriend, and take her to the woods so I can get her wet and dirty,” I told her, firmly, the word girlfriend sounding foreign on my tongue. She gave me an unimpressed look, scoffing.

“You do realize that sounded like you're about to murder her, right?” she informed me, a grin pulling at her lips.

“Why are you so fucking morbid? God, I swear you worry me sometimes, Macy. I mean, that was so far from what I was trying to imply with that sentence,” I replied, shaking my head, dismayed.

“Oh gross, you're disgusting,” she spat out, repulsed. She slammed her hand down on my folded arms, leaving a red stinging hand print on them, the smug smirk on my lips falling, replaced by a scowl.

“What the fuck, Macy?” I slapped her back on her arm, making sure that it wasn't hard enough to actually hurt her, but hard enough to make my point. She stared at the spot my hand had landed, her eyes wide and her mouth falling open in shock. Turning back towards me, she lunged at me, her arms coming up towards my neck, and closing around it before I could stop her. “Are you fucking serious?”

My head between her arms, she pulled it down next to her hip. “Now, are you going to leave Porter, and let her sleep?”

“Fuck you,” I managed to get out, the tight hold around my neck, making it hard to speak. She tightened her arms around my neck, and I growled, gasping for air.

“Come on, Brady, I don't have all day,” she told me, pulling a chunk of my hair. Wrapping my arm around her knee, I pulled it forwards, making her lose her balance, and giving me the advantage.

“Um, guys?”

Holding both of Macy's arms behind her back, a knee placed over her knees, I glanced up to find a confused Porter. She stared at me with wide eyes, her hair a wild mess. “Oh hey, Porter.”

“Morning, Porter,” Macy mumbled from the floor, spitting out a piece of her hair that had managed to fall into her mouth when I'd pushed her to the ground.

“So does everyone in your family get up at an ungodly hour to wrestle each other or is it just you two?” Porter mumbled, staring down at us with a puzzled look.

“Oh this isn't wrestling, this is me kicking Macy's ass,” I told her, shrugging a shoulder. She nodded and glanced at Macy, who mumbled 'asshole' under her breath. Moving off of her, I pulled myself up off the ground, before dragging Macy up by the loops on her jeans, and setting her back on her feet.

“It rained last night and the ground is all mucky, so we're gonna ride the ATVs,” Macy told her, excitedly. “Do you know how to ride one?”

“Uh...”

“It's fine, you can ride with me,” I told her with a grin, and she stared at me with wide eyes.

“I really don't want to die. I'm really young and I haven't really lived my life yet, so I'd actually like to keep my neck from snapping in two-”