The first thing you protect is your balls

Brayden's POV

“I swear to god if you ask me one more time about my sister, I will string you up the flag pole by your balls. Fuck off, Braxton,” I growled at the idiot sitting next to me on the bleachers, pulling his skates on.

“Dude, all I said was that she's growing up,” he replied, in what I'm sure he thought was an innocent tone, it made me want to pull his tongue out and chop it off with a rusty knife.

“Don't forget that I'm a bigger dick than you are; I know exactly what that means, you shit stain,” I told him with a warning glare. Grabbing my gym bag, I made my way down the bleachers, and heard him hastily grab his gear and follow behind me.

“Fine, help me out with Camila then,” he pleaded and I rolled my eyes. He'd been begging for me to help him with the psychopath since his party, and it was seriously starting to piss me off. I was honestly tying to help him out, but he was desperate enough to fuck anyone.

“I told you, Camilla will spread her legs if you tell her you're on the hockey team. I'm not gonna hold your fucking hand, Brax.” Making my way onto the rink, once I'd dumped my gym bag in the penalty box, I skated over to the group of guys standing in a circle in the middle of the rink. “Alright listen up, ladies. Coach isn't coming in today, so Cade and I are in charge of you idiots. We're gonna choose our teams, so look alive.”

Giving Cade a nod, I waited for him to make his first pick, before making mine. Slowly each player was placed in my team or Cade's. Once the teams were settled, we went over each play and practice began. Soon, however those teams meant nothing, as both Cade and I slammed into one of the players on his team, making him curse and shake his head. Most of our practices consisted of Cade and I eventually forgetting that we were on opposite teams, teaming up to beat the shit out of the rest of the skaters. It was an asshole thing to do, but it also helped make them better players.

Cade and I had been playing hockey as soon as we could pick up a puck and stick. We'd loved watching our dad's games and had quickly learned we were good at playing the game, as well. Having an NHL dad, who coached us from a young age when he was home, gave us an unfair advantage over the rest of the team when it came to skills.

I slammed into Jude, knocking him into the glass. “Step it the fuck up, ass hat, or you're on the bench with the ice girls next game.”

He flipped me off, skating away and right into Braxton, who rolled his eyes. “Dude, watch it.”

“Fuck off, Brax,” Jude spat out, shoving him in the chest, making him stumble and fall flat on his ass. I watched Braxton's jaw clench angrily as he pulled himself up and pushed him back. Jude slid back a little on the ice before skating back to Braxton and lunging at him.

“The fuck is your team doing?” Cade asked as he skated up to stand next to me, ice flying up and onto my skates as he skidded to a stop.

“Use your own eyes, idiot. They're obviously finally acting on that sexual tension between them,” I shrugged with a smirk, watching the two idiots roll around on the ice, shouting obscenities at each other.

He laughed. “Who do you think will be goalie?”

“Oh definitely Jude,” I replied, laughing. We both winced, our hands instinctively going over our crotch when Braxton kneed Jude right in the balls. “No protective cup, I see.”

“See, why would he leave himself exposed like that? I mean, the first thing you protect is your balls,” Cade said, shaking his head with a disapproving sigh.

“Serves him right for being an idiot,” I told him, pulling my gloves off.

“Who's your money on?” he asked, pulling a fifty-dollar bill out of his pocket.