Prologue

edited

_______

I stared at my social worker with wide eyes while she smiled.

"California!?" I asked, surprised and she nodded.

"I found you a great family there and they really want to adopt you" She said and I groaned.

"There were no families here?" I asked.

"Brynn, I'm doing this because you need it. You need a good family and I found them. I want you to be happy and if that means you moving far away, so be it" She said and I sighed.

"Any kids?" I asked and she grinned.

"Just a boy your age"

"Why am I even agreeing to this?" I asked and she smiled.

"Because deep inside, you know you need this"

I'm moving from North Carolina to California. That is a huge change. I don't know if I'm ready, but I'm going to give it a shot. What's the worst that can happen? They don't like me and send me back, nothing new.

"You are leaving tomorrow, so go pack your bags" Maria said and I slowly nodded and walked back to my room.

I've been moving from home to home for the past two years. My mom disowned me and my dad...he wasn't with us anymore, so I was put up in a foster home where lots of families adopted me and then brought me back. I'm not an easy kid, I admit that, but they never tried. They just pushed me away and sent me back.

For the last six months I haven't had a family. I have been staying here on the foster home because
Maria, my social worker, couldn't find a family that fitted the 'criteria' for me. She finally found one, but I'll have to leave my everything I have here for a fresh start. It's not like I had any friends, no one ever got close to me and I guess I like it that way.

I've been moving so much I haven't had time to socialize, but it's a good thing because then I don't have to worry about saying goodbyes. I hope this people like me and don't send me back, because I'm tired of moving.

I packed my bags and left them on the floor. Tomorrow is a new day. The beginning of a new life.

________

So this an introduction to Brynn. I hope you liked it. Tell me what you think about the story so far. Love you!

nashra